TREMAINE A.

After what felt like hours of driving, we pulled up to a large building

After what felt like hours of driving, we pulled up to a large building. She drives through a parking garage until she finds a specific spot, even though I noticed all the open spots on the way up.

She climbed out the car and waited for me to get out before she locked it.

"When we get in here, people are going to notice you. Control your anger", she warns me, and I scoff.

"Damn, you read my whole file? ", I ask her, and she rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, I did. Also, control that mouth of yours. This is my work environment, and even though you don't work here, your my client. Keep it professional, alright? ", she asked me, her perfectly arched brow raised.

"Aight, aight. I'mma chill", I promise, and she nodded before opening the door.

When she did, I immediately noticed it was hella nice. Marble floors, polished table tops every where, and everyone was dressed in business attire.

"Oh, I'll be right back. Forgot my jacket in the car. Stay here", she tells me and runs back out the door.

I sighed and leaned against the wall. All these damn white people keep walking past and looking at me, and I felt like cussing somebody out.

Just before I was about to say something to a blondie, she came back with a black suit jacket on. She led me to an elevator and she pushed a button, after wards looking at me.

"Don't worry. I got the same looks my first time here too. It's normal, okay? Don't dig too deep into it", she whispered to me, pulling her phone out of a pocket.

Once the elevator came, we both stepped in and watched the door shut. Even the elevators were fancy.

We reached the 9th floor and stopped, stepping out.

"I've asked them to hold the witness here. It's a meeting room, but we'll be going back up to my office", she tells me, and I nod.

Damn, I ain't said shit yet. I feel like a bitch.

"Yeah, aight. But I wonder who the lil' nigga is", I said, and she glared at me, and I peeped some white man walk past.

"Shi- my bad", I apologized, and she shook her head with a small smirk on her face.

We ain't have this shit in my hood, so it ain't my fault.