¹⁴

THIRD PERSON.

"We did everything we could for her

"We did everything we could for her... We couldn't get her to wake up. For now, she's in a coma, and we can't determine when she'll wake up. Or even if she does", the doctor told the group.

Leigh burst into tears, along with Chastity. Nisha comforted both girls to the best of her abilities, now taking on Camille's role as the strong one. But, even she had tears streaming down her face.

Tremaine and Tae were both quiet, and their silence was something Leigh noticed immediately, causing her to lash out.

"The fuck are you so quiet for, Tremaine? You were Mister Apologetic a few minutes ago? Where the fuck your voice go, my nigga?", she yelled, and Tremaine remained quiet.

"Leigh, it's not his fault. Don't take this out on him", Chastity said, wiping her eyes.

"Chas, you know that this is all because of him! If he hadn't s-", she argued, but Chas cut her off.

"If he hadn't what? No matter how you look at this, this is nobody's fault but Luck's. He-", she said, pointing to Tremaine, "Was doing all he could to be proven innocent and to save his damn sister. You mean to tell me you wouldn't do anything to get Lyna back if she was taken? And if you do, we know how much family means to you", she countered, a cold glare on her face.

"Leigh, we are all something to Camille. As her best friend, you know how she gets about her job. She knew exactly what the hell could've happened, and she still went through with it. There was nothing me, you, him, or anyone could've done about it", Nisha added, and Leigh cried again.

She was acting purely on emotion, not logic. Everything she said was out of anger and sadness.

Meanwhile, the doctor was still standing there, watching everything play out.

"Her room is the first door down the hall, to your right. If it helps, you can go see her", he said before rushing off.

They all walked back to her room, and the sight may have hurt them even more. Camille was hooked up to multiple devices, her nose covered and tubes protruding from her arm.

Chastity went over and held her sisters hand.

"Cam, come back as soon as you can. We're already breaking without you here. Besides, who am I gonna open the business with now? We had so many plans... Y-You can't leave me like this", she whispered, her voice cracking as she started to cry again.

"What about Dre? What about Nia and Kenya and Willow? You'll be leaving them too. A-And what about Leigh and Nisha? They're your closest friends, they'll miss you. Tremaine will too", she cried.

It was only Chastity and Camille in her room. The others stood outside the door, letting Chastity say what she needed to her sister.

"A-And what about... Me? Cam, you're all I have left besides Dre. You and him are the only family I have left", she whispered, wiping her tear streaked face.

She squeezed her sisters hand before taking a deep breath.

"Please, Cam, for everyone, wake up", she finally said, then she walked out.

After Chastity, went Nisha. After about five minutes, she came out with a few tears. Chastity and Nisha stood next to each other, and Nisha gently squeezed Chastity's hand three times. It's their secret signal for when one of them was about to break. Chastity squeezed back the same amount, and they both looked at each other.

Leigh was next, and she shut the door behind her, her throat sore from all the crying she's done.

Tremaine and Tae were simply watching Camille through a window.

"This is shitty man. You were feeling her, and now she's... ", Tae trailed off, motioning towards Camille's body.

"I know, Tae. Maybe I should give her girls some time alone with her. C'mon, we out", Tremaine tells him, pulling him away.

Another male, Camille and Chastity's complexion, ran past them and immediately hugged Chastity, tears streaming down his face.

"Mane, what the fuck?! I'll kill that bitch nigga Luck myself over my sister, and that's word to G-Dad", he yelled, wiping his face with his shirt.

As soon as Dre heard the news about Camille damn near knocking on deaths door, he drove as fast as he could to the hospital, even if it was an hour away from his house.

For the rest of the day, the girls stayed in Camille's house, sad. Of course, Stacy heard the news and Camille is on paid leave, and she even dropped by to see her friend in the hospital.

Leigh said everyone is a slave to something. Camille was a slave to putting other people's happiness above her own...