²⁷

CAMILLE J.

"Bruh, move", I say to Tremaine, who kept kissing on my neck while I was trying to order my inventory restock

"Not until you give me a real kiss", he whispered in my war, and I push his head away.

"You irkin' me, Tremaine", I groan, putting my phone down.

"Do it look like I give a fuck? Gimme a kiss", he said, and I peck his lips before picking up my phone again.

He snatches my phone out of my hand and holds it behind him, pushing me onto the couch and sitting on me.

"Get your heavy ass off me, nigga damn", I mutter, struggling to push him off.

"You gonna kiss me or I'mma sit here", he smiles, and I roll my eyes, but give him a kiss nonetheless.

We separated and he gets off me, handing me my phone. It was vibrating like crazy with texts from Chastity and Nia and Nisha. I open Nisha's first.

Nisha💛: Txt Chas back Now!

Nisha💛: Girllll, this is important

Nisha💛: Girl, fuck the dick, answer our texts!

Nisha💛: CAMILLE!

Me: Okay okay what happened?

Nisha💛: Just trust me

I go to Nia's texts, and she's telling me the same thing. I quickly go to Chastity's messages and look through the ones I missed.

Sister💜: Camille, you'll never believe this shit

Sister💜: You need to answer these texts

Sister💜: Camille Johnson

Sister 💜: Monae

Sister💜: M O N A E D E J A N A E

Sister💜: Bitch answer my texts

Sister💜: Bitch, I am annoying

Me: Girl, it's only been three minutes. What happened?

Sister💜: I'm finna FaceTime you. This shit real

I rolled my eyes and waited for her name to pop up, and it did about ten seconds later.

"I hope you sittin' down, because you gonna flip the fuck out", she said, and I sit more comfortably.

"Talk to me", I say, and she sighs.

"Lemme tell you what Tae told me this morning. So, he went to the store because I'm on my period, right. So, he come back all flustered and shit, but I'm so worried about my slushy and my chips and shit, I didn't hear him mumbling.

So, while I was sipping my shit, he sits down and said that he heard Leigh talkin' about how she killed our dad. Now, I didn't believe it at first because, it's Leigh. I thought he was going crazy, until he said everything she said.

According to him, she did it because you spent so much time worrying about impressing them and trying to outshine them, you didn't pay enough attention to her. And she that's why she's been gone for the last couple weeks", she rushed out, and I stare at the wall.

After a few seconds, I burst out laughing. Granted, my heart hurt like hell. It felt like I couldn't breathe, but I was breathing anyways. Tears streamed down my face, but I still laughed.

"I tried to impress and outshine some meth heads?! Oh, that's comical, absolutely fucking hysterical", I laughed, wiping my eyes.

"Camille-", I hung up and threw my phone away from me.

I held my head in my hands and my leg started bouncing. I felt hot tears on my leg, and I shook my head.

"I never even got a reason why!", I screamed, wrapping my arms around my body and curling myself into a ball.

I felt Tremaine hug me, and I screamed while crying. He rubbed my back, and I held onto one of his arms.

"Calm down, baby", he whispered in my ear, and I shake my head.

"It hurts, Tremaine. It hurts so much. I never got an explanation as to why I was treated like I was", I whispered, hiding my head in his chest.

"I just want to know why", I cried, wiping my eyes but the tears kept coming.

"I know, baby. And Leigh is so wrong for doing what she did. There's nothing anyone can say that can justify her actions. She should've came and talked to you, told you how she felt. Now you're left without answer, but look at it this way. You'll never have to worry about him hurting you again", he said, and I looked down.

"That may be true, but... There was so much I wanted to ask him. So much I wanted to know, and now he's... Gone", I say, my throat sore.

We sat there, not saying anything. Dre came over and I had to explain to him what I was told, which caused me to start crying all over again. Chastity came over later in the day, and Tremaine left to give us sibling time. About two hours into it, Dre said that Nia wasn't feeling too good, so he was going to go check on her. Today was probably the saddest day I've had in a while.