³⁶

CAMILLE J.

"How many boxes of shoes do you have?", I ask Tremaine, bringing up three Timberland boxes

"Shit, I don't know", he shrugs, coming down the stairs while I was going up.

He kissed my forehead and I smiled until he slapped my butt dummy hard and ran.

"Pussy hoe! I'mma whoop yo' ass!", I yell, and he blows me a kiss.

I roll my eyes and go up the stairs, chuckling as I felt the large smile break out on my face. I walk into my room and place the three boxes on the closet carpet. Yesterday was spent organizing so he would have room, and we decided to split the closet in half. All of my shoes and clothes were on one side, and later today his things will be on the other.

"Don't forget to drink your water, baby", he reminds me, coming in with a larger box and placing it at the foot of the bed.

"Mhm, I won't", I say, grabbing my purple water bottle filled with ice water and lemon slices.

"Just making sure. Anyway, I have the last few boxes, so you can take it easy. You've been on your feet since this morning, and it's a Sunday", he says, and I shrug.

"I'm fine, really. I might go visit Chastity at the shop today", I tell him, and he gives me a face.

"I don't know. I don't want you walking around in heels all like that anymore. What if you fall?", he asks, and I shake my head.

"I've been working two jobs, wearing nothing but heels at one. And the occasional pair of flats. But, the point is, I'm still a grown woman, boop. I can take care of myself", I reassure him, and he kisses my nose.

"Don't go overboard. Just for a visit", he said, and I hold up my pinky.

"Just for a visit", I repeat, and we lock fingers and kiss our thumbs.

He walks out of the room and I change out of my sweat pants and hoodie. After I put on lotion and deodorant, considering I showered earlier this morning, I slip on a pair of dark wash jeans, with no rips, and a black thin strap with a black suit jacket. I paired it with a pair of black ankle boots that I haven't worn yet.

I pull my black bonnet off and toss it on a shelf, scratching my head. I grab my paddle brush and brush my straightened hair before pulling it back into a low ponytail. I added a diamond crescent moon necklace and a pair of diamond stud earrings, along with me and Tremaine's necklace.

I grab a black Louis Vuitton purse and go into the bedroom. I spray on some Japanese Cherry Blossom perfume and add some clear lip gloss. I didn't feel like doing any makeup, and I didn't have to. My eyebrows were fairly decent, and my skin was clear so no concealer.

I grab the keys to the white Range Rover and put them in my purse, along with my phone and house keys. I grab my matching wallet off of the shelf in the closet and put it in my purse as well. I go down stairs and see Tremaine eating my Reese's ice cream.

"Drop my shit, hoe", I say, and he sucks his teeth.

"Nigga, no. You have seven others sitting in the freezer. One ain't gonna hurt", he said, and I almost smack him with my bag.

"Bitch... I want eight. Put my shit back, Tremaine. Before I get that crossbow again, and we both know I will kill your ass", I lie, and he groans and replaces the ice cream with a caramel Drumstick.

"So, you would kill me over some ice cream?", he asks, and I shrug.

"Blame the twins", I say, and he rolls his eyes.

I pull a piece of mint gum out of my pocket and chew it, blowing a bubble.

"I'll be back later. Want a pizza or something from Wendy's?", I ask him, searching for my phone.

"Whatever's closest. And tell Tae that he owe me fifty dollars. With his trash ass 2K skills", he says, and I shake my head.

"Knowing I'll beat both of y'all asses, but whatever. We can hop on the game when I get back", I tell him, and he kisses my cheek.

"I'mma beat your ass, but if you wanna take that L, be my guest", he smiles, and I pinch his nipple before through the door in the hall and running into the garage.

Looking now, I really can say I'm so grateful for everything I have. In total, I had four cars. The Audi r8 v10, the Range Rover, the Jeep Wrangler, the G Wagon, and Grand Cherokee. I was considering selling the Wrangler and Cherokee for a Rolls Royce, but I haven't decided yet. I definitely want something that'll be safe for the kids.

Yeah, but what I'm not finna do is drive around in one of those Dodge Vans like a white parent. My kids will be pulling up to the daycare like some five star celebrities, I think to myself, hopping in to the Range and starting it up, connecting my phone to the Bluetooth.

I played Impossible by Shontelle and realize that I forgot the garage remote. I get out with a groan and grab it off of the small table and get back in. I open the garage door and back out carefully. Once outside, I close the door and fully back out into the street. I put the remote in my purse and drive off down the street, vibing to my music.

I felt like an old head, but the song isn't even that old. But, maybe that's just my personal opinion.