²⁰

CAMILLE J.

I was in my office, going over a new domestic violence case when I heard my intercom buzz

"Camille, you have a Tremaine Alston wanting to see you", Stacy tells me, and I feel myself smile.

"Okay, send him in. Thank you Stacy. I'm going on my lunch break", I say.

I fix my dress and cross my legs, looking as if I wasn't excited that he came to visit me at my job. The door opened about a minute or two later, and he walks in with a box of Domino's.

"Hi, bae", he smiles, and I raise a brow. This boy swears up and down I'm his girl. I mean, not that I mind, cause we already talk or what ever.

"Hi, boy. You brung food?", I ask happily, and he nods.

"Don't call me no boy, either. You actin' like I won't fuck the shit outta you", he says, and I giggle.

He's been saying the same thing since our date, and I've noticed that the more time we spend together, the bolder he becomes.

"You won't but okay. Gimme my food", I rush, making grabby hands.

He comes over and kisses the top of my head, opening the box to reveal a pepperoni pizza with extra seasoning. The spicy kind too.

"Awe, you know me!", I squeal, getting up and grabbing paper towels.

I hand him a few and take some for myself. He pulls out a sparkling water and slides it to me.

"I know you don't eat here because you always workin'. So boom, surprise. Also, we watching movies tonight at your house", he tells me, and I look at him like I was exhausted.

"Why my house? You have a whole condo to yourself and you wanna come to my house where I have four kids and siblings who have house keys", I shake my head, and he shrugs.

"Your house smells like you. All vanilla-y and shit", he explains, and I couldn't help the smile.

He always notices the little things. It's one of the main things I like about him.

"I can tell you everything I observed about you", I say, indirectly challenging him.

"I can do the same for you", he accepts my challenge, and I sit up.

"For starters, I peeped that you have your sisters names tattooed on your arm. And it wasn't before my coma, otherwise I would've remembered it. Meaning, you got it within the last three months. You also have your brothers name on your wrist, something that I noticed before my coma, considering it was one of the main reasons for me to bring it up.