³⁷

CAMILLE J.

I groan loudly as I turn over, picking up my ring in phone

I groan loudly as I turn over, picking up my ring in phone. Nia🌺 was bright as hell across the top of my screen, and I swipe to answer her phone call, getting up and stepping out of the room so I don't wake Tremaine up.

"Nia... It's late, what's going on?", I ask her as rubbed my eyes.

"Camille! Oh, Jesus fuckin' Christ, I'm sorry! This is all my fault! I didn't mean for it to happen, I didn't n-notice he was right there and...", she cried, and I put her on speaker as I sit on the stairs.

"Slow down! Take a deep breath and tell me what happened when you're calmer", I tell her, getting worried because Nia wasn't a crier.

"I-It's Dre. We were watching movies with the girls upstairs and someone broke in, and Dre went down to shoot them, and h-he got shot in his stomach! And, it's my fault be-cause I forgot to lock the windows before I came upstairs", she explained, and my heart dropped.

"Which hospital? I'mma get dressed and meet you there", I tell her, and she shared her location with me.

"I'm sorry, Camille. Chastity didn't answer the phone, and I didn't know you would be awake", she hiccuped, and I shake my head.

"No, it isn't your fault. No one thinks it's your fault, Nia. You didn't shoot him, you just forgot something. It happens to all of us", I tell her, and she sniffles.

"I-I'll see you when you get here. I have to calm Kenya down", she said, and I hummed before hanging up.

I get up and speed walk to my room, walking into the closet and grabbing a plain pair of black Nike sweatpants. I grab a random hoodie, which ended up being a dark blue and white hoodie I ordered from Fashion Nova. I slipped on my black Nike slides.

"Babe? Where you at?", I heard Tremaine ask, and I stumble out of the closet while putting my hair in a ponytail.

"To McLain's hospital, Dre got shot and it's a lot to explain, but I'll call you when I get there", I rush out, grabbing my charger and leaning over the bed to kiss his cheek.

"You're not driving. You're stressing, and that's never a good thing. I'mma toss some pants on", he said, hopping out of bed and going into our closet.

He came out in like two minutes with a pair of matching black sweats and his UGG's. The low ones, cause he claims the high ones are gay. He grabs his phone and puts it in his pocket and I roll my eyes.

"Jacket. It's cold, and you aren't getting sick", I tell him, pointing to the closet.

He groans and goes back inside, coming out with a plain black hoodie. He zipped it up and we both went down the stairs. I was trying to call Chastity, but she always has her phone on do not disturb, and she was probably sleep.