³⁸

ANDRE J.

"You're here dumb early", I groan as Camille, Chastity, Tremaine, and Daviontae walk through the door

"It's my niece's birthday, of course I'm here early", Chastity said as if it was the most clear thing on earth.

"Nigga, the party don't start for a few more hours", I said, and she waves me off.

Camille looked tired, and she was leaning on Tremaine while he looked around the house. I'm glad I went to school for interior design, because I can't live in an ugly house.

"Damn, bro, this place nice. What you do for a livin'?", Daviontae asked, and I thanked him.

"I went to school for construction. I liked building places, and I have my own little business for it. Nia, my wife, is an event planner", I explain, and I heard Camille chuckle.

"Nigga, you know what I'm about to ask. Where the food?", she asked, going straight for the kitchen.

"Not here. I gotta go shopping for some", I tell her, and she comes back and punches me in my arm hard as hell.

"Damn", everyone mumbled, and I almost punched her ass back, but I remembered she was pregnant.

Then again, I told her I was gonna kill her if she ever go pregnant. But, Tremaine my homie, not gonna lie. Shit, fuck it.

I cracked my knuckles and punched Camille in her thigh, and she screamed like I stabbed her.

"Calm the fuck down. I ain't kill you", I chuckle, and I felt someone slap the back of my head.

"How many times have I told you to not hit her? Damn, niggas don't listen", Nia sighed, hugging Camille.

I rub the back of my head and them nigga gonna laugh. This shit hurt, and Nia know she can't hit me because she got them Shaquille O'Neal hands and shit.

"Ole man hands. Can't be hittin' on me, you nigga", I tell Nia, and she hits me in my chest.

"Or what? And call me a nigga again", she said, and she goes and hugs Chas.

I see Willow come from down stairs, playing with the rips on her jeans. She went straight for Chastity and of course, Chastity picked her up and kissed her cheek.

"Hi, baby. Happy sixth birthday", Chastity squealed, and Willow smiled.

"Thank you, thank you. I feel famous", Willow gushed, and I shake my head.