¹¹

CAMILLE J.

"I have a solution", I say after about fifteen minutes of silence

We've been sitting here for a while trying to figure out the best plan of action considering the circumstances.

"Finally, genius. What is it? ", Vince asked, and I bite the inside of my cheek to hold myself back from smacking him.

Don't get me wrong, me and Vince have known each other for a while now. But he's not the most humble person on Earth. He's one cocky son of a bitch, I'll give him that.

"Like I was saying, why don't we just turn Tremaine in?", I say, and they both look at me like I'm stupid.

"That is what we're trying to avoid here. Remember? ", Vince said, and I flick his forehead.

"Not literally, Vince. You're an officer. We can easily stage it. And, once Tasha is returned, we can see if she remembers anything about where she was", I explain, and Tremaine nods his head.

I've been observing him since we showed up. His leg has been bouncing non stop, and he keeps massaging his temples. Clear signs of anxiety and stress. But who can blame him?

"Ohhh, I get it", Vince said after like, two minutes of him thinking about it.

I pinch the bridge of my nose and shake my head. I swear, his wife probably pops xans before he gets home to deal with his ass.

"Tremaine, all you have to do is go down to the station and tell Vince, who hopefully won't forget the plan, that you killed those people. He'll put you in a cell for a few hours-", I was explaining before Tremaine cut me off.

"She's staying with my mom for the year while she's finishing school", he mumbled.

"Okay. Here, write down your mother's address. If Luck is going to keep to his word and return her home, that's the place to do it", I say, handing him a sticky note and a pen.

"While he's in holding, I'll be waiting at Tremaine's mothers house with an officer. It will look like we're explaining to her that you've been arrested and to see if she knows anything. We can assume that her house is wired to some extent, so we have to be careful with our words", I say, and Vince pulls out his phone.

"I'm gonna call Vivins when we're finished here. She'll gladly come with you", he said.

"There's one issue. Luck surely isn't stupid enough to stay in the same place after he drops her off. How can we be sure he won't dip? ", Tremaine asks.

I stay quiet, tapping my feet on the floor. That's when I remembered I have friends in the hood.

"I can track down his cell", I lied.

I just know someone who can. And, thankfully, this person doesn't charge much for their services.

"Alright. We leave that to you, even though I doubt it. When should we start this mission? ", Vince asked, and I check my phone.

5:41 am

"In nineteen minutes. I'll leave first and drop Tremaine off a few blocks away from his house. Vince, I'll give you the keys to my car so you can go back to the precinct so that way he talks to you and you only. Meanwhile, I'll be tracking this cell number. Hopefully it's not a burn phone", I sigh, and they both nod and stand.

"Remember, a life is on the line. If this doesn't go well.... ", I trail off, and Tremaine clenches his fist.

He knows what's going to happen if this doesn't work.

I toss my keys to Vince and we all head down the stairs. I grab Vince's jacket and pull him down to my height.

"Scratch my car, you're a dead man walking", I whisper in his ear, then I let him go.

Tremaine leads me to his car and I get in on the drivers side.

"Sorry, but I'm stealing your car for a while", I tell him, and he hands me the keys with a shrug.

He got in on the other side and shuts his door. After a while, I start the car and drive off.

"You would usually have something to say right about now. It'll be alright, Tremaine", I tell him, but he didn't say anything.

We drove in silence, and he makes me pull over to a nearby corner store. He hops out and looks at me.

"Please, get Tasha back", he pleads before shutting the door and jogging away before I could even say anything.

"I will", I whisper before driving to my little friends house. Hopefully my plan didn't ruin everything and risk his sisters life....