CAMILLE J.

I stood in the salon with my sister, Chastity, and my best friend, Leigh

I stood in the salon with my sister, Chastity, and my best friend, Leigh. We were both about to go to the hood to see Nisha, and we were waiting for Chastity to get done doing some girls hair.

Honestly, I was going to leave the undercover spy shit to the feds, cause it's beyond me. But, if I could just hear what the streets was saying, maybe it'll help me piece together the information I was given yesterday. I sigh as I think about it, and I hear Chastity scoff.

"She thinkin' 'bout her lil' boyfriend", she sang, and Leigh gasped.

"And you ain't tell me, bitch?! I should slap the brown skin off you and turn you into one of these lightskin shawtys", she said, and I rolled my eyes.

"No, for some reason beyond me, Chas think that me and my client are dating", I shrug, and Leigh nodded in understanding.

"Or fuckin'!", I hear Chas yell as she walks to the back, and everyone, including me, laughed.

"Bitch, how 'bout you and what's his face? That nigga Tyler?", I ask, and I hear her suck her teeth as loud as she possibly could.

"Bitch, fuck him! He mad cause he wasn't gettin' none of this cat until he made it official, and he dipped. Dat be that dark skin shit", she shook her head, and I hear every female I know that dealt with a dark skin mutter in agreement.

"Girl, now you know damn well you wanted to give it up. Why you frontin' on ole dude?", Leigh asked, and Chas hit her in the arm.

"Bitch, and why you frontin on one shawty from the West Side? What's her name again... ", she trailed off, laughing as Leigh started hitting her with a padded brush.

"Girl, finish her hair so we can go. I'm tryna see my God kids", I say after a minute, and they stopped.

It took Chas about another twenty minutes, and within that time, I went and touched up on my own hair. I had to redo my ponytails, plus my bollies came loose. I had on a black tube top, a pair of black, yellow, grey, and white camo pants, and a pair of black Nike Air Maxes, along with a black Nike fanny pack.

"Girl, you ready?", Leigh asked, and I nodded.

I haven't been to my old neighborhood. I stood up and grabbed my phone and black Gucci sunglasses. I'm thankful my hair is still straight. Saves me a whole lot of time in the morning.

We walk outside and get into Leigh's Dodge Charger, and we start driving. Once we get out the Suburbs, the scenery started changing immediately. I noticed that black people were starting to populate the area more.