¹⁵

CHASTITY J.

I rolled out of bed as soon as I heard my alarm go off

I rolled out of bed as soon as I heard my alarm go off. I shut it off and stretched, feeling a few things crack.

I shake my head and go into my bathroom, splashing water on my face and brushing my teeth before going to use the toilet. This is gonna sound like such a guy thing, but that pee after you wake up be the best.

Moving on. I flushed and washed my hands before taking my bonnet and head scarf off. I combed my straight hair then I put it back into a ponytail.

Since Camille's been in a coma, I've been responsible for keeping up with everything. From the salons to keeping up with all of the bills that come with both of houses and the buildings. I don't know how the hell she manages to keep her sanity.

I sigh as I think about my sister. She's been making extremely slow progress and honestly, I'm starting to worry about her. It's been about three months now since everything happened. In a sense, it brought everyone together, except Leigh. Tremaine has been hanging out with me, Nisha, and Leigh more often whenever he isn't at work.

Ding Ding.

I go in my room and grab my phone. I unlock it and check my notifications, hoping it's the one thing I've been looking forward to since I went to sleep last night.

Tae Bae💜🖤: We gon link? I miss yo angry

I smile and roll my eyes.

Me: Yeah, soon as I'm done at the salon

I put my phone down and went in the closet. Me and Daviontae have been dating for about a month now, and he's a really good boyfriend to have.

Granted, his favorite thing to do is pop my bra strap. The most annoying shit he does though is when we're smoking, he like to blow smoke in my face. I think he just like getting on my nerves.

Man, that be that dread head shit, I think to myself as I slip on a pair of black leggings. I grab some black ankle socks and sit down on the floor to put them on. I grab a plain yellow T-shirt and slip it on after I put deodorant on.

I find my yellow and black Air Max 97s and grab a black bandana. After I got done tying it, I grab my sets of keys and leave for Camille's house to check on Leigh.

Out of all of us, Leigh has became the most distant. She stays at Camille's house to watch the dogs and what not. She only leaves to get food, go to work, and take the dogs on walks. Oh, and the occasional nail appointment.