²⁶

CAMILLE J.

I opened the doors of my house with a groan and kick my heels off

I opened the doors of my house with a groan and kick my heels off. I place my purse on the table by the door and kick the doors shut. I flop down on the couch and pulled my phone out.

The trial was today, and it didn't help that my client didn't know how to shut the hell up. Somehow, we pulled through because there wasn't enough evidence to prove that he did in fact abuse that woman's kid.

Tremaine 💞: How was trial?

Me: 🙄 Never tf again

Tremaine💞: I'm bringing pizza

Me: Awww thx pooh

Tremaine💞: don't call me dat gay shit ever again

Me: Well fuck you too.

Tremaine💞: Bet dat up🙃

Me: Shut up, weirdo

Tremaine💞: Mhm, FaceTime me

I didn't respond, but I FaceTimed him like he told me to. He answered on the second ring and he smiled down at me. I could tell he was driving cause I heard his car and others around him.

"You look irritated, wifey", he says with a laugh.

"I'll hang up on you. But yes, I'm highly irritated", I sigh, and he puckers his lips.

"Well, we can watch a movie and eat while I give you a massage", he suggests, and I nod happily.

"You're the best, you know that? But in other news, Tae and Chastity are out of vacation right now in Orlando. Your friend is a kid", I laugh.

"He honestly is. But they happy, so I'm happy for them", he smiled, and I smiled back.

"You funny looking", I said out of no where, and he sucks his teeth.

"And you fine. Damn, you a pretty ass person", he smirks, looking down at me while driving, then he looked back up.

"You pretty too, however you still funny looking. Just kidding, boo butt. But hurry up, I'm hungry and in desperate need of attention, especially since my dogs are staying with Leigh for the week", I explain, and he laughs.

His face became confused and I watched him.

"Something wrong? ", I ask, and he looks down at me.

"Why are the cops outside of your house, baby?", he asks, and I laugh.

"What are you talking about?", I ask, slowly becoming confused as well.

"Look out the window", he tells me and I stand up.

I look out of the window and see two cop cars outside of my house.

"I'll call you back", I say, hanging up the phone.

I put a pair of black sandals on and step out of the door. As soon as I step out, four police officers point their guns at me.

I quickly raised my hands. Trust me, I didn't need to give them a reason to shoot me.

"Get down on your knees, slowly!", a police officer yelled, and I did what I was told.

Two ran over and stood me up, placing me against the wall and patting me down, searching for something. I started to panic when I felt the cold handcuffs around my wrists.

"Camille Johnson, you're under arrest for the murder of Darius Johnson. You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law. You have the right to an attorney, if you can not afford one, one will be appointed to you", the officer said, walking me to the car.

"What?! I didn't kill anybody! This isn't right!", I yelled, but I didn't resist arrest.

"Camille, who do I call?!", Tremaine yelled from his car across the street.

"Nobody. I can be my own lawyer", I shrug, sliding into the cop car.

I sat in the back seat and looked ahead as we drove down to the precinct. They got me out of the car and brought me inside.

I sat in the interrogation room for a few minutes before detectives came in. I waved and they nodded at me.

"Camille. Do you have anything to say for yourself? You father is dead-", the taller man said, and I cut him off.

"That man is not my family. I'm far from his biggest fan, but I didn't kill him. We fought, that's about it. And he hit me first, so I acted in self defense. I am the top lawyer at Carmichael's firm, and I'm not stupid enough to risk my career for that bum", I explain, and the other detective wrote that down.

"Any idea who killed him?", I was asked, and I shake my head.

"I don't know or care. Call me rude if you want to, but I'm being honest. He probably messed with another junkie or a kingpin and got killed", I suggest, and they nod.

"Where were you August 7th at 7:36 PM?", he asked, and the one who was writing stuff down went out to take a call.

"I was at my sisters house, helping her pack for her trip to Disney. I have videos, too, if that helps my alibi", I tell him, and he raises a brow.

"Videos? Where is your phone now?", he asked, and I bod towards the door.

"They took it. If you can get it, you can look through the vids yourself. Or call my sister, either one works fine", I shrug, looking him in the eye.

Hours after everything, I was released. Everything I said checked out, and I was free to go. I collected my things and called Tremaine to come and get me. At this point, I was ready to go to sleep for a few days.

 At this point, I was ready to go to sleep for a few days