[31]

Beast

I woke up covered in sweat and wrapped up in my white sheets lying on my bed.

What the hell happened?

The last thing that was on my mind was Beauty's lifeless body in my hands watching all her blood come out her body in seconds, that look of fear on her face and darkness within her eyes is the fear I still carry as of now.

I huff and clutch my fist together at a piecing pain I felt in my stomach, all easing out seeing as I was in hell. This was my hell? My room?

"Oh my god your up! Finally I was getting bored annoying the crap out of your guards." She sat down on the bed leaning towards me and lifting my shirt exposing a red swollen sewn wound from the crash.

"What? What happened?" I whispered.

"You collapsed earlier since you decided you didn't need the doctors check up, it was found out you had an infection in the wound from the crash. I told you I didn't have the best medical skills!"

None of that was real.

She wasn't dead.

I couldn't get the image of her lifeless body in my arms or the fear in her eyes out of my head just by looking at her it engulfs me in a pool of emotion I can't take back.

"I told your ass to slow down I didn't even know how sterile that needle was and if I even stitched you correctly ...!"

She couldn't speak anymore as she was being pulled into my embrace harder than I ever longed to touch another person. I breathed in her fresh lavender scent from her conditioner and clung on to her black knots pushing her more into the nape of my neck.

I could tell she was taken back by this as each minute passed I couldn't let her go if I did she will just disappear from my arms again and I'm not letting her leave.

"B-Beast I can't-t breath-h!!!" She hit my back and pulled back.

"What the hell is wrong with you asshole! Was you trying to fucking choke me dumbass how about I choke you!" I couldn't help but smirk at my little firecracker she was surely alive and well enough to curse me out.

"I've missed you."

"Missed me?! Where did I go? I only went to the kitchen for a snack, your out btw!" She looked genuinely confused.

"Never mind." I looked the over way replaying each moment that happened in the dream like it was real.

"Beast, tell me what happened." I felt her soft fragile hands touch mind and all the events that played washed away to fill with only her eyes.

"I had a nightmare about you killing yourself because of not being able to understand why you were the only one to develop a connection towards me. You literally fell off that edge and ended your life, just like that .... it was the worst thing I ever felt."

I couldn't believe she was here it felt so real and right she was in front of my eyes again breathing and alive.

"I'm just glad it was a nightmare and my true beauty is right here, I have so much I want to tell you." I wrapped my hand around hers pulling my body down to lay down on her lap,

"Ok Yeah, I'm here." Her voice was shaken yet, I blocked it out feeling the soft tips of her fingertips guiding my hair in little circles that quickly dose me to sleep.

Feeling that burning pain in your veins and have it take control of every breath you took in that second was something I never wanted to experience ever again. That was a delusion hiding behind the fear that I can't seem to tell her, but maybe after all this time I can, no I will.