[10]

Nazira

-----PAST-----

Feeling that Sicily weather hit my skin made all my emotions ease seeing the birds brightest colors to smelling Gio's best cooking of the season but like every other sense of my life it goes away, everything in one motion until it wasn't at the start.

I used to hold my breath when I was little to get away with anything I wanted, give them a taste of how I felt on the daily.

A little girl dressed in the most fashion trend of the mafia season wearing flats no heels twists no tails just rule on rule on rule on me. An event that came out of no where taking place in the garden always was the best opportunity for me to strike.

I would count the stones as I jump my little feet on them singing along to the continuous repeative childhood melodies that stuck on a loop. The freshly cut grass and the waiters and maids dressed to standards of course. Can't forget about the mafia attire oh that's another level, women dressed in dresses and flats with men holding their arms like enslaved human beings.

Honestly it was too hard to watch but, I was little.

The sun was blazing and the massive umbrellas surely killed the vibe of the hot air that no one seemed to noticed coming dressed in huge beanbags on their hips.

Back to me, I skipped my little non existed ass to the host of the party cheering as I was being lifted off the ground and brought forward as the little cutie.

Smiles and pats on the head always brought me satisfaction in which I never actually took hold of.

"Princess sweetie how about you run along and play with the other children!" Daddy never really wanted his daughter to hang around the big bad men, so who was I to disrespect that.

"Ok, daddy!" Two words, that's all it took just to get that, "She's adorable, Sir." or "How do you raise such a obedient young girl?" My personal favorite was "Ah, I have a boy who will fit just right for your little girl."

These weren't garden parties they were arrangements for the one and only princess.

I looked up at my father every single time as he seemed to have a glass in his hand with a cigar to go along with his conversation. If you don't have a cigar in your hand then you mise well be dead.

"Daddy?" I plead,

"Yes princess? I thought I told you to go play."

"I don't want to." This wasn't the shy act of a sweet innocent young girl it was just no, when I don't want to play with some homeschooled, snobby, prissed up children then I don't.

"What did daddy say, Nazira?" Level two is what I like to call that, the tone in his voice changed and his cigar is out of eye level were his eyes are the opposite their staring right at me.

"But-."

"No. GO play with the others."

My flats break pebbles as you can hear the back of my shoe turn on it's heel fast and then the smirk my father always had on his face. I looked around the garden seeing women talk and gossip the children stand still like statues having to hold up their robot manners.

One kid

The one who put the name child in the description, he didn't care what people thought he ran around and around the garden like it was a playground. My father hated every second of this catastrophe he'd called it, I loved the air I felt when he passed me and the way he smiled brought a smile to my face and light to the party.

He wasn't there one time and that made the party or whatever event, more dead like fucking zombies waking up.

"Nazira?"