Autumn Book- Let's FALL together!, Chapter 37

Chapter 37- I’m Going

“Look at you, you’re beautiful!” Mrs. Red exclaimed with awe.

Krishia stood there, in front of her full body length mirror, wearing a shimmering gold gown that sparkled like the vast ocean when struck by the glistening light of the sun. It beautifully fitted her upper body that popped up along down her waist. The gold gown had a V-neck opening that went down demurely showing a bit of a shy cleavage and a larger V at the back that extended down to her waist, exposing part of her fair back skin.

“You look like a princess Krish,” Rica sighed and went appreciating her older sister. “Mommy let her wear my princess tiara. She’ll look prettier.”

“Oh baby, I’m big for a tiara already and it’s just a dance.” Krishia turned around, bent down to Rica’s level and touched her sister’s long brown hair.

“Come on Rica, let’s give your sister a time to touch up,” Mrs. Red took hold of Rica’s right hand. “I’ll just go down and ask your dad for the car’s key. Be careful with your driving, ok.” She smiled sweetly at Krish.

“Of course mom.” Krish smiled back.

“You’re beautiful sweetheart.” Mrs. Red couldn’t stop admiring her daughter.

“Thank you mom.”

As the gentle shutting of the door was heard, Krishia sat down in front of her vanity mirror.

“I know that by going to the dance, I will definitely hurt you again, I may even shatter your heart into pieces later,” Krishia spoke to her own reflection. “But I need to this. I need to hurt you so bad to get you back to reality,” she smiled. “Nate’s just a fairy tale dream and you are no Cinderella Krishia Red.” her smile faded and tears wanted to escape her eyes again.

But she fought the urge to cry. She didn’t want to ruin her striking make-up that was superbly painted by her mom. Krishia was so lovely that even she got shocked at how magnificent she turned out. But no matter how beautiful she looked, she couldn’t get herself cheery. She may be beautiful as a princess but she was just some phony… just some ‘princeless’ princess.

Krishia stood up down hearted. But she was full of hopes to get it all over with the pain tonight. Acceptance, that was the key, she thought. By accepting things as they were would set Nate free from her heart that had been locking him. By acceptance she could move on. By acceptance she could finally see reality in its own light not by some light she had drawn in her make-believe world.

“He’s no prince.” Krishia muttered to herself, got her pouch and went outside her room.

“Oh from what storybook did she come out again?” Mr. Red offhandedly asked Rica.

Krishia reached the kitchen and found her family eating their dinner.

“Stop kidding dad. I’m gonna go now,” Krishia smiled at him and kissed her dad and mom on their cheeks. “Can I ask for the front door key too? I might get home really late. Don’t wanna disturb you guys in your sleep.”

“Yes, sweetheart, but not super-duper late, okay? Just take care and be careful driving the car.” Mrs. Red sounded concerned.

“By the way, I already took out the car from the garage,” Mr. Red smiled at Krishia. “Just to avoid accidents like crashing the car into the trash bin and messing up the front lawn, you see.”

“Daddy, I’m a better driver now. Sorry,” Krishia chuckled as she remembered what mess she made before when she drove the car. “I’m going now.”

“You enjoy sweetheart.” Her mom stated.

“I will mom,” she hoped. “Bye.”

How she wished that she could really enjoy the night. But Krishia wasn’t going to the dance to get her delighted. She decided to go and waste herself with pain by watching Nate and Tasha the whole night long. To get her overly drank with torture so the following day she could finally be sober and numb.