Autumn Book- Let's FALL together! The Finale

Chapter 38- The Last Leaf of Majesty

Right now at that moment, she was happy. Maybe she doubted and maybe she was a little afraid but she knew that those tons of tears that flowed through her eyes and the hurt she tormented vanished into nothingness when he said he loved her all along.

She was sitting there on the passenger seat still completely dazzled by how things turned out. Krishia was so quiet for she was still rationalizing things in her pretty busy mind. Her hands were clasped together and the cold wintery chill was growing on her now but she didn’t mind anyway.

“Hey.” Nate broke the silence and took a moment to look away from the road to a very silent and reserved Krish.

“Oh hey…” She realized that she had been snooty for almost half an hour now. Well her mind was drifting for many thoughts had been blowing her away to where she really was.

“Your thoughts?” Nate queried.

“Sorry Nate, uhm, I’m just… you see… drifting. I mean, I just can’t effortlessly justify to my brain everything that has happened. Well, a while ago, in our house, in front of my mirror, I was preparing myself to, uhm, get all my hopes gone… my hope of you and me particularly… It’s just weird and a bit mad ‘cause… anyway, don’t mind me,” Krish babbled her words and she sounded every bit recoiled.

“It’s okay. I understand you. I know how hard it is to just completely trust me again…”

“Oh no, Nate, I trust you. Don’t get it all wrong. I mean, well,” she interrupted and somehow lost her words.

“Your mind is just telling you to be cautious and I understand that completely Krish. I know that I’ve hurt you so it’s okay to doubt or be sceptic because I’ll just prove to you that you can trust me again. You can completely trust me again with your heart. You can trust me to never be a big asshole ever again.”

Nate once more looked at her beautiful face and smiled pleasingly, giving her assurance of his love. Krish couldn’t help but smile back to his handsome beam and his words full of declaration.

“You and your flowery words,” she smirked.

“No. It’s me and my promise,” he asserted as he held Krishia’s longing hands.

“Promises are meant to be broken you know.”

“Well, not my promise Krish.” His voice was firm.

“What then makes your promise so different from others’ promises?”

“Nothing really Krish. But mine is a guarantee, a vow.”

A vow… It sounded so solemn for Krish. A promise but a more earnest one and that made her feel safeguarded.

Silence once more overtook the two of them but smiles were evidently painted on their faces heating the cold places that once had dwelt in their hearts.

The Grandeur Tops Hotel was now on sight and the lights and embellishments that covered the forty five double-storey building made it look tasteful and very luminous. That place never stopped to amaze Krishia’s fondness especially during winter when the hotel is fully covered by bright white and blue lights.  

“Nate, I thought we’re heading to the winter ball?” Krish asked when Nate drove passed the Hotel. “Did they change the venue?”

“No, I just need to buy something.”

“Oh… okay.”

Nate parked the car in front of a convenient store that had a sign saying open for 24-hours.