Autumn Book- Let's FALL together!, Chapter 35

Chapter 35- I’m Not Going

                I’m not going girls, enjoy the dance. J

                Krishia turned off her phone after the message was sent to her besties. Tonight was Stanvard Unicollege’ Annual Winter dance, the dance every girl at school awaited for, even her. But tonight was different from the past three winter dances she attended.

                Tonight there was a big possibility that she would see Nate with Tasha dancing closely…sweetly like there was no other person around them and all she could do was stand there and watch in vain.

                Her heart was breaking just with the thought of it and she could not imagine what she would feel if she would see it with her own eyes. So she decided to stay and sulk on her bed.

                Krishia was almost drifting off to sleep when she heard loud footsteps going up the stairs and before she could even get up and see what the noise was all about. Her three girlfriends came crashing inside her room.

                “Why aren’t you coming?” Cindz asked as she and Krishia’s two other girlfriends sat at the side of her bed.

                “I just don’t feel like going.” Krishia offered her friends a weak smile. Her three besties were all dress up and ready to go to the dance.

                “Is it because of Nate again?” Krish was a little taken aback by Kim’s question but she stayed silent giving the hint that her answer was definitely a yes.

                Krishia heard her friends heavily sighed but she still stayed silent not knowing what to tell her friends.

                “Come on Krish, you have a beautiful gown, don’t waste it.” Kla uttered but her face showed defeat.

                “If you’re not coming, then we will all stay here with you.” Cindz said in a very determined voice. Krishia immediately shook her head in disagreement.

                “No please go. It will just make me feel worse if you’ll not go guys because of me.”

                “But Krish..” Before Kla could even finish what she was saying Krish stopped her.

                “Look at you guys, you are all dressed up and very beautiful may I add.” Krishia forced out a smile. “You’re all so gorgeous!”

                “Are you sure you’re going to be fine here?” Kim finally said after some moment of just looking at each other.

                  “Yes, I’ll be fine, come on I’ll head you out.” Krishia stood up and started to lead them down their living room and to their front door.

It was not that Krishia didn’t want her friends to be there at her house, but the look on their faces showed that if they would stay a minute longer they would change their mind and stay with her instead. And she didn’t like that at all, that they would waste all the preparation they made because of her.

“From the look on your faces, you girls haven’t convinced my daughter.” Mrs. Red said coming out of the kitchen and seeing her daughter still in pajamas.

“Yes Auntie. We haven’t. She’s too hard headed.” Kla answered Krishia’s Mom disappointedly.

“They’re going now Mom.” Krishia stepped out of their door while her three friends said their goodbyes to her Mom.

“Oh hey Mark so you’re the chauffeur of these three huh?” Krishia greeted Mark, one of their classmates, who was leaning on his red Mazda 6.

“Yes, and obviously the girls weren’t successful in changing your mind.”

“I’m not really feeling well.” Krishia half lied. “You take care of my girls ok?” Krishia continued as her three girlfriends approached them and kissed her cheeks one by one before they seated themselves inside Mark’s car.

“I will. Of course.” Mark then seated himself at the driver seat.

Krishia went back inside her bed after seeing off her friends. She was hoping that her friends would enjoy every second of the dance.

She slowly dropped her body down to her bed and cuddled one of her giant pillows.

When did my life started to be so complicated? For the longest time I was just that simple girl, always hanging out with friends. Now?? Just because of my love for a singer boy, it was all messed up.

Still with those thoughts running in her head, Krishia suddenly looked at her gown which was hanging at the corner of her room.