Autumn Book- Let's FALL together!, Chapter 22

Chapter 22- She’s Hot, I’m Not!

October 22, 20XX

“Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuh!” Krishia let out a gaudy sigh as she was lying on her front with her hands around the pillow, and her head turned to her right side.

“You’re all confused, aren’t you Krish?” Kla suddenly spoke up with assertion on her tone.

“Confused???” Krish paused. “Well, yah, I’m kinda confused with your question.” Krishia playfully replied.

“Blah-blah… with Drake and Nate, duh!” Klarisse went accusing her.

Krishia rolled over. She was now lying on her back. Krishia looked up the ceiling and pondered to herself. She wasn’t confused about whom she liked. Krishia knew that it was Nate that she really admired. Krishia liked everything about Nate. In fact, she loved everything about him. But Drake, well, he was another story for Krish.

Krishia told her besties everything that had happened between Drake and her, right after they went home from the party. Yes, everything. From Drake and Krish’ childhood days together… from the pain she felt when Drake left… and up to that moment she had a breakdown and she ended up hugging him and crying like some silly little girl. Her girlfriends, well, didn’t have a clue that that was how her childhood life laid out.

Krishia never told them anything about her Drakey-akie because she had long chosen to repress all of her memories of him. Her besties were somehow divided, Kla and Kim liked Drake for Krish. The two thought that it would be so romantic if they’d end up together. They kept on saying how sweet and cute it would be. They kept on teasing her with Drake for the whole week that had passed. But it wasn’t the case for Cindy. Cindz liked Nate for Krish. She supported Krishia’s feelings for him. Cindy knew that Krish was truly happy with Nate and that was the reason why her vote went for him.

“Hey!” Kla shouted deliberately so Krishia would get startled.

“What?” Krishia who got surprised, sneeringly asked. Klarisse went laughing at her reaction.

“A while ago you were sighing like you’ve got a problem and now, just a few sec ago, I saw you smiling like a love sick girl.” Kla commented.

“Come on, she was sighing because she’s too disappointed with you, pairing her with Drake… Krish is tired hearing ‘Drake, Drake, Drake’ when all she wants to hear is ‘Nate, Nate, Nate’!” Cindy teased Kla as she went out of the bathroom, Krish guessed she was finished showering. Obviously.

Krishia thought Cindy’s statement was funny. She softly giggled and looked at Kla. She was expecting a backfiring statement from her. But Kla called out to Kim as if asking for a back-up. But Kim just shrugged and held up the book she was reading, telling Kla she was busy.

“Well at least, Drake doesn’t have a girlfriend.” Ouch, Kla’s statement pricked Krishia’s heart. Kla was right. Nate was committed to somebody else already.

“What time is it?” Krishia said not wanting to hear any more from her besties squabbles.

“Its five thirty six already.” Kla looked at her phone’s time.

“I think I gotta go and dress now. You guys get ready too.” Krishia carefully climbed down the double deck ladder. Her face was showing disenchantment. She heard Cindy mumbling, but she was too preoccupied with her thoughts.

Krish reached for the dress she hanged in the girls’ closet. And she quickly marched her way to the bathroom and changed her rugged clothes to a strapless gold and silver beaded short dress. She marched her way out of the room to put on a little makeup and to fix her hair.