Autumn Book- Let's FALL together!, Chapter 15

Chapter 15-I Missed Her!

Nate drove off to Krishia’s place after all his classes. Krishia was already waiting for him, she said so herself in the text she sent him.

He felt really bored without someone normal to talk to in his Research class. Plus the annoying blonde Tasha Miles found herself a chance to sit with him. She went babbling, rattling, prating about how boys drool over her, how good she was, how she liked him trillion times over, how this and how that. Maybe she was not that worst but that was how Tasha sounded to him. She was clearly someone who liked him because of his status as a superstar. Talk about fishing for a whale, Nate thought.

His afternoon tasted like he had to clean a super duper dirty and muddy three-level house by himself. And for that he had to make Krishia sorry for ditching him. But it also rang to him that Krishia had no obligation or whatsoever, she undoubtedly had the right to ran off whenever she likes, he realized.

Nate parked his car on the side of the road, and jumped off and walked over to Krishia’s house.

“Hey Nate! I’m really sorry!” Krishia exclaimed startling him.

“How did you know I’m already here?” Nate asked.

“Well, I heard a car screeched, I looked out the window, and saw it was you.” Krishia said in a very remorseful voice.

“Hmm, I see…” He replied in a sly tone really wanting her to feel badly sorry.

“Hey, don’t be like that. It’s just that the girls and…” Krish said and paused as if not wanting to further say anything.

“And…?” Nate asked quite intrigued. He snapped his fingers trying to revive Krishia’s lost face.

“Let’s get in first I’ll tell you everything later.” Krishia stated.

Krishia and Nate went straight to the library and seated themselves on the sofa. Krishia smiled at her sweetly. He found her smile really cute but Nate fought the urge to smile back. He had to stay in character, he reminded himself.

“You’re mad?” Krish asked and he just looked at her with a blank expression.

“I’m sorry. Really really sorry! Please?” Krish looked at him with pleading eyes.

He almost fell for it, but he tried to visualize Tasha and all her nonsense talk, and it put him back on track.

“It’s ok.” Nate said but with opposite vibes.

“You’re not. Let me make it up to you.” Krish smiled sweetly again.

“I’m gonna make you my fave drink, Chocolate coffee smoothie. What do you think?” Krish said with full of hopes. He nodded and said ok.

The two climbed down the stairs and headed to the kitchen. Nate sat on the middle kitchen counter observing Krishia’s every move while Krish got the blender from the pantry. She walked her way to the refrigerator, to get a chocolate bar, fresh milk, and some ice. And she went to the dining area to get the container of the coffee and sugar.

Na na na na na na na na you are the music in me………..

“Your voice sounds really nice.” Nate commented.

He thought Krishia seemed strangely happy today. She was singing and humming a song while making a smoothie.

“Oh, thanks. Just some LSS (last song syndrome).” Krish said as she stopped singing.

“Well go on…” Nate said trying to make her sing again.

“I’d rather not.” Krish said smiling.

“Why not?” He paused. “Well, that’s too bad I could have forgiven you if you’d sing again.” He teased.

“I still won’t because you’re going to forgive me with this.” Krish said with a smile as she handed him a glass of smoothie.

“Thanks. But don’t be so sure about that…” He warned.

Nate sipped from the glass she handed him. It was delicious. The smoothie savoured in his tongue delectably.

“So forgiven or not?” Krish asked with anticipating look. She was now standing in front of him

“Well, I must say your ‘sorry’ tastes really yummy.” Now he gave her his most handsome smile.

“Yey! Your forgiveness tastes even better.” He saw Krishia really happy it made his heart flurry in a very delightful way. He couldn’t take off his gaze from her smiling eyes. He felt weird but happy.

“Who said about me forgiving you?” Nate said as he shook his thoughts inside his head.

“Me!” She said in a very energetic way.

Nate jumped off the kitchen counter and found himself face to face with Krishia and now they were only three to five inches apart.

All the cheer inside the room slowly vanished, silence replaced its place. Nate saw Krishia’s lips slowly losing its smiling form but as he looked into her eyes he saw that it was still beautifully beaming with happiness. He had to say something or else he might do something he might regret, he thought.

Nate held up his hand and lightly pinched her nose. He saw Krish softly touching the speckle he made.

“Why did you even have to ditch your class?” He managed to step aside.

The two decided to already go back to the library.

“Well the truth is the girls dragged me all along. I didn’t know about it. They knew that I have a class but they didn’t care anyway… Layne and Drake treated us to a karaoke bar… So there, that’s why I ditched research.” Krishia explained.

“I see. Drake and Layne huh? Why didn’t I know about that?” Nate asked but he unmistakeably knew why.

Even though Drake hadn’t told them directly yet, he knew Drake somehow liked Krishia. They had some history in fact. And what was there not to like about her? When he thought about it, Krishia was pretty cool; she’s fun to be with, and just a simple girl with a sweet smile.

“Drake said that you guys had classes.” Krish stated.

“And you had too.” He pointed out.

“I know. I told him that too.”

“And they didn’t listen.” He perfectly understood.

“Exactly.” Krish smiled at him.

They slowly strode inside the library. And started from where they had finished yesterday. Nate pondered to himself and now held that all the suffering he had experience a while ago were all thanks to Drake and Layne.

He was somewhat pissed with that thinking but he couldn’t do anything about that anymore. He just looked at Krishia and remembered how she cutely blushed yesterday when he asked her if she liked him. He still vividly brought to mind her sweet reaction and the awkward answer she gave.

“It’s not like that…uhm, well… yes I do, but just because I think… your voice is much more adorable…?”(Krishia’s answer)

“Hey, Krish.” Nate called out to get her attention. Krishia looked up to him with a questioning face.

“You can ditch any class but don’t go ditching our research class again…” Nate paused he was not sure if he should go on.

“I missed you.” But he did anyway.