fake it til i make it

Start from the beginning

"LOCK THE FUCKING DOOR NOW YUNA!" i frustratedly shouted while pointing to the door.

"mianhae~" Yuna said and i just sighed in frustration.

"what are u doing here?" i asked Ryeong, who's eyeing every material scattered around my room.

"i should be asking Yuna that, after all it's not like Yuna to just walk past u and smile. she usually call u with a very loud and annoying "unnieeee!" and hug u into her giant body while wiggling." Ryeong stated and i could only glare at Yuna while she looks down in embarrassment.

"i know, that's why i asked to lock the damn door earlier. am i right Yuna?" i asked her with gritted teeth, causing her to look up and nod in response before looking down.

"Ryu, let the giant baby off ur gaze. i'm not stupid to not know u've been planning something like this. i noticed all ur 2shin talks and behaviors these past 2 months." Ryeong calmly stated, making us 2shin look at her in shock.

"now, i finally know what's bothering ur mind to forget v-day. besides the fact that Heejin asked for help of course." she finished as she sit on my bed against the headboard and close her eyes.

"whaaaaa~ jinjja? unnie, are u a psychic?" Yuna suddenly sat on my bed and held Ryeong's shoulder in astonishment as she ask.

"no, i'm not a psychic. i'm just very sharp and observant, our dear maknae." she said as she open her eyes and ruffle Yuna's hair. a thing hated by the youngest.

"knock it off kids. 'til when did u know?" i asked Ryeong after they broke off.

"near the start or February, i saw u two talking so i thought it must be for v-day. but then, we planned ur valentine-surprises a week before ahead. so, i shrugged the thought of what u two talked about before. thanks to u Ryu, i confirmed that something's in ur mind after u forgot v-day. to top it all, i've been watching u two closely ever since and i finally knew why, today. Thanks Yuna."

"u should've told me sooner, we're the maknae line and the artistic ones? isn't that needed for this birthday surprise?" she asked with gestures all over.

"i know, i just don't need us 3 to be suspicious to the unnies for we always are found nowhere."

"we won't. stop worrying and let's get artsy. any stunts included before this big surprise take place?" Ryeong asked, making me smile like crazy.

"old Shin, u're freaking us out." Yuna said and exchanged looks with Ryeong.

"uh- Ryu, u're probably thinking of something Yeji unnie could be mad at u again?"

"tsk, psychic." i scoffed at her.

"just tell us!" ChaerYu exclaimed.

tsk, so eager.

"i'll pretend to be mad at her for a week 'til her day, starting today." i flashed a smile while they do the opposite.

"u'll be making another sin. think this through first." Ryeong worriedly said.

"unnie, u still have to make up for v-day." Yuna seconded.

"i know, don't worry. i'll have everything under control." i assured them but they are still skeptical.

"okay, fine." Ryeong said after she exchanged looks with Yuna.

with my plan approved by ChaerYu, well not exactly, but i will start today.

all 5 of us are here at the practice room, taking a break from our almost never ending intense choreo practice needed for our dance evaluation. as usual, we're talking and blabbering about random stuffs along with the points that should be improved. of course, Yeddeong and I are the ones mostly talking about the dance. Ryeong gives opinions here and there as she's really an amazing dancer. Yulia however, just listens attentively and nods along in agreement, but all of us dances really well so there's no problem.

"so at this part, we should always maintain our formation for us to be seen clearly as an individual and the spaces between should be equal." Yeddeong stated and the rest of us nods along. she has a point but i have a plan, so sorry Yeddeong.

"ani, the formation is fine. focus on better things. we must always be synchronized in everything like our heights and movements, and unnecessary actions is prohibited." i firmly stated while looking at all of them, one by one, but lingered my gaze longer on Yeddeong. well, i need to trigger something to make this successful.

"what, why are u looking at me like that?" Yeddeong asked confused, Lia unnie just observing in silence, and ChaerYu looking at me, unsure.

"what? i looked at everyone, what do u mean?" i innocently asked and ran my hand thru my hair before drinking from our water bottle.

"yes u did, but why look at me like u're calling me out?" she asked again, a bit irritated this time. i've triggered her, but i don't want a fight.

"i'm not Yeddeong, i'm just stating what we should focus on." i said casually before standing up to stretch. i can feel all eyes on me, observing in anticipation.

"Ryuddaeng." Yeddeong called out, a bit flat but still with my nickname although i paid no mind to her. i'll be fine, i guess. just a bit more, she'll chill out later. and i'll be ignoring her more later.

"Ryuddaeng~" Yeddeong whined as she stand up beside me. i spared her a look before i walk towards the mirror to look at my face. of course, she followed.

"why are u whining?" i asked as i wipe the sweat on my forehead with the back of my hand and run it thru my hair. silence throughout the room, even though she's just behind me and the others still sitting at the back watching us at the mirror.

i saw LiChaerYu look at me like "what are u doing" "what's happening" "explain" but i ignored them all. i know what i'm doing, sort of, kind of, i don't know. ugh, damn it.

as i examine my face and ruffle my hair, i felt arms around my waist and a head on my back. Yeddeong, she's resting on me while holding me tightly. one way to soften me.

of course i held her encircled arms around my waist, i even interlocked our fingers while she put her chin on my shoulder. both of us leaning into each other and relaxed.

"what's with the sudden backhug?" i asked, i'm not complaining though.

she scooted more onto my body and i let her by holding her tighter and we just fit perfectly like we're molded for each other. i smiled and admire her through the mirror.

"hey, answer me." i stated and patted her arm to get a response instead of her almost burying her whole head into my neck.

"did i do something? u seem pissed at me." she quietly asked with a super duper adorable pout on her face. she really is a giant baby. well, my baby.

"aniya, don't worry. u did nothing." i answered as i pat her head before letting go and facing her.

"c'mon let's practice." i smiled as i cup her face and caress it lovingly before letting go.

holding her hand, i placed her to her position and called the rest to continue practicing. after all, this is just a little show and practice is a must.

"Ryu, what are u doing?" Ryeong whispered to me as i place her to her position.

"gwenchana, don't worry much." i assured her and she only gave me a unsure look.

"unnie, u almost made her cry." Yuna whispered too and i could only chuckle.

"ani, she's fine. i won't make her cry." i pat her shoulder for assurance but she just gave me a stern gaze.

"all rightttt, let's do our best and stay focused. fighting?" i clasped my hands and smiled at them.

"FIGHTING!" they smiled in return with their fists in the air.

Yeddeong, please don't cry no matter what i do to try and ignore u for a week, it's part of ur surprise. i love you, so please bear with my crazy ideas.