Chapter 14

PAUL'S POV

I walked down the street, my hand intertwined with Charlotte's. I gave her a sideways glance, hoping she wouldn't catch me looking. Her eyes were still a little puffy from crying, but nevertheless looked beautiful. She was looking straight ahead, a distant look in her eyes.

I was so flustered. When I had met this girl in my freshman year of high school, I never dreamed that she would one day become my girlfriend. When she had left me, I was devastated. I swore I would never get over her. Who knew I was right?

Now, here I was, reunited with the girl of my dreams.

But she was broken, almost to the point beyond repair, and I didn't know how to fix her. I had never been in a situation like this before, but I knew I couldn't give up on her. Especially now, when she needed me the most. I needed advice, but from who? There was no way I could tell the boys about Charlotte's situation. My brows furrowed as I continued walking, deep in thought. Finally, we arrived at the pub.

"Ready to party, love?" I asked Charlotte, giving her my goofiest smile and wiggling my eyebrows. She threw her head back and laughed.

"As ready as I'll ever be."

I opened the door and gestured for her to go inside as dramatically as I could.

"After you, m'lady."

She giggled as she walked through the door. The interior of the club was smokey, dark and very loud as the band's music rang through the entire place. I pulled Charlotte behind me as I led her over to the table that John, Ringo and George were sitting at.

"Well, it's about time ye lovebirds showed up!" John hooted, throwing his arm around my shoulder. I laughed and glanced over at Charlotte. She laughed too, and she seemed to be happier.

"Would you like a drink?" I asked her as I walked her way.

"Make it a double, please."

I laughed as I headed over to the bar. I ordered her drink and a beer for myself. I brought them back to our table and handed Charlotte her drink. Not even five minutes later, her glass was empty.

"Mind getting me another?"

Figuring she was just looking to have a good time, I laughed as I walked over to the bar and ordered her another drink. But five drinks later, I was becoming quite worried.

"Paul, you goof!" Charlotte slurred, throwing her arms around me. I laughed nervously, looking around the table. The other lads seemed to notice, as well.

"Er, you sure she's alright?" George asked me, looking Charlotte's way. "I've never seen a lass drink like that!" John and Ringo nodded in agreement.

Charlotte snorted. "Oh please, I'm fine! Aren't I, Paulie?" she laughed, planting kisses all over my cheek and down to my neck.

Now, although this was what I wanted, this wasn't exactly how I wanted it. She clearly didn't know what she was doing.

"I think you should take her back to the flat, Paul," Ringo said.

"Good idea," I said, standing up. "Come on Char, let's get out of here." I took her arm and began to guide her out of the pub.

"Awww, come on! It's still so early and I'm having such a good time!"

Ignoring her, I continued to pull her along. Just as we finally neared the exit, a very young looking girl stepped right into my path.

"Hey, you're Paul McCartney, aren't you?" she asked me, a bit intoxicated herself.

"Yes, I am, but I really can't-"

"Aw come on, just give me one dance," she insisted, pulling me in her direction.

"I really need to be going-"

"Just one dance-!"

"HE SAID NO!"

Before I knew what was happening, I felt Charlotte lash out from behind me and knock the poor bird square in the jaw. The music in the place was so loud that no one else seemed to even notice. She yelped in pain as she hit the floor. I gasped, kneeling down.

"Are you alright, love?"

She moaned in pain.

"Why, that bitch..." she muttered.

Although Charlotte's behavior was definitely rash and uncalled for, I couldn't help but feeling smug. She had been jealous!

Wanting to stay in the club only moments ago, Charlotte now seemed desperate to leave.

"C'mon Paulie, let's go." She dragged me out of the club and into the cold, fresh air. Feeling a bit tipsy myself, I decided against walking back to the hotel. I hailed over a cab, and we were on our way.