Off to a Decent Start

(y/n)'s pov

"What about the dream team?" I suggested. No one argued against it so it was decided that we were the dream team. "Alright since planning time is over Kageyama and Oikawa, you'll head in that direction and Koutarou and I will head this way." 

I turned back at Sugawara and Kunimi, then Sugawara said, "And we'll be here guarding the flag." I nodded at the two of them and we all split up. 

Bokuto and I scouted the area to see where the enemy teams bases were located. Right when I was about to walk out from behind a tree when Kou suddenly grabbed me and pulled me into him. My face was probably covered with blush due to our current position. "Ushiwaka is there with another third year from his team," he said. I peaked my head around.

"Ushijima and Semi. I'll go for Semi and you can go for Ushijima," I instructed. 

"How come you get the easier target," Bokuto whined.

"I thought since you're captain you could take on another captain," I said looking up at him, "...Unless I was wrong about you."

"Nope! I got it!"

I went right and Bokuto went to the left side. "Someone's in the bushes," Semi said to Ushijima. I looked over at Kou and motioned for him to go now. Luckily he was able to shoot Ushiwaka whilst I ended up colliding with Semi and we had both shot each other.

Semi's pov

'She's pretty cute up close...wait what am I thinking?! She's my enemy.'  "You've got good aim and reflexes," (y/n) said. I hadn't realized but I happened to catch her when she popped up out of the bushes and collided with me. I quickly let her go and cast my gaze down at the ground. "Well I guess I got to go to base since I was shot," (y/n) chuckled a little then began to run back.

"I'll head back now." 'Mann that's one of the only times I've ever got to interact with her. Of course all those other boys are stealing her and hogging her and stuff. It's not fair.'  I was walking back to base.

"Semi?" I turned to see the orange haired boy from Karasuno with their first year manager. "What's with the mean face? You look like Kageyama," Hinata said.

I took offense from the younger boy's remark, "It's none of your business."

"Aren't we a team?" The blonde haired girl asked. I looked down but nodded. "Y-you know you can tell y-your teammates if there's something wrong." 

I nodded, "Thanks but no thanks." I continued heading back to base alone.

Kunimi's pov

"Wake up," the setter from Karasuno said. I decided since there was nothing interesting going on I'd take a nap. "(y/n) came back," I looked down from the rock to see her top soaked. She waved at Sugawara and I. The two of us waved back. 

"So who wants to head out to where Bokuto is?" the girl asked. I looked up at Sugawara who seemed very happy in her presence. 

"I will," the gray haired setter said. 'I want to stay here the whole time. I could be napping the whole time.'  Sugawara left leaving (y/n) and I sitting in silence. I noticed she seemed a bit cold and even though I was tired I grabbed her jacket and passed it to her. She thanked me and I cast my glance down, staring at the ground. 

"So..." she started, I looked up so that I could see her, "anything happened while I was gone?" 

"I don't know."

"What do you mean? Weren't you here the whole time?" She laughed.

"I was...napping..." She laughed a little more before settling down. 'It's too bad that when someone comes back she'll be gone.'

 "Well I guess I'll leave you to your napping," she teased. I rolled my eyes but smiled. I stayed awake this time looking out but not for little things.  

"Found you," a voice said from the bushes. 

"Lookout," (y/n) yelled diving into me which prevented a shot from hitting me. She quickly got off of me with blush on her face. (y/n) took my gun from out of my hand and began to fire at the people down below. I made my way to the edge of the rock staying low to see people from various teams. 

"Goddess (y/n) prevails once again," Tanaka said with Yamamoto and Nishinoya behind him. Kyoutani was happy that he had shot Yahaba who was now yelling at him. Goshiki was complaining that Kuroo had dragged him out here for nothing. 

Oikawa then emerged from the brush looking at the 'crowd' that was there. "Wow (y/n) I can't believe you took them all out!" She handed me back my gun and said she was going to trade off with Oikawa. 'I can't believe it but I actually want to do something now.'

Author's note

I might be putting this book on hold for awhile as I just haven't been as interested in writing this lately. I will continue to update this just not as often. I will be starting summer school online this week which will take up time. 

so sorry about this news.

~Ashenrose