Teacher and Student

(y/n)'s pov

'Its break time right now so I guess I should follow through with what I told Asahi.'  I made my way over to the ace. "You said you wanted help with your jump serve right?" I asked. He jumped but then smiled and nodded. "You ready to get started?"

Daichi's pov

"Wow (f/n) is a good teacher," Sugawara commented. We were sitting on the side of the gym since it was a break. 

"Yeah. With her around we could probably learn a thing or two."

"She's nice too."

"Yeah."

(y/n)'s pov

I helped him out with his jump serve and it had improved. The two other third years were watching from the side. "You've got the hang of it," I said. He smiled at me then shot his gaze down. "Not happy with it yet?"

"How do you...you swing it with such power?" He asked spinning the ball in his hands. 

"Its always just been that way?" I said kind of like a question. 

His jaw dropped, "Its just always been that way?" I nodded and thought about it a little bit.

"Maybe its because I took on other sports or because I do weight workouts?" I said not really sure. "In tennis my serve is pretty similar," I said swinging with an imaginary racquet at an imaginary ball. 

Hinata ran over to me after I did that, "Hey you played tennis!?" 

"Play," I corrected, "I still play tennis. Of course I'm not on a team or anything." 

Hinata's pov

"Kageyama come here! I wanna see something!" I yelled. The raven haired boy made his way over. "I want to see you and (y/n) serve at the same time!" My gaze toggled between him and (y/n). 

Daichi and Suga got up from the bleachers and walked over. "That would be interesting to see," Suga stated, "Kageyama does have a pretty powerful serve." 

(y/n) grabbed two balls, handing one over to Kageyama. "Ready?" she asked. Kageyama nodded. 

The two of them tossed their balls at the same time. They both left the ground at the exact same time but (y/n) had made a higher toss and was already way off the ground. They both swung at the same time but (y/n)'s ball went faster. 

"Woah (y/n) that was so cool!" I exclaimed with excitement. "Your serve was like whoosh and pow and bam!" (y/n) laughed.

"Well your quick attack is really something." She said. 'Woah (y/n) just complimented me!!! Aah what do I say??? ' "Maybe you could show it to me and I could try it out?"

Sugawara smiled and laughed, "Well its always been something exclusive to those two. If you check out the other teams you won't find anything like it." 

Kageyama's pov

'How can she get high so fast and hit it with such power.' I looked down at my hand that was slightly red from serving. I can only imagine what her hand would look like after she serves. "Kageyama lets show (y/n) our quick attack!" Hinata called. 

So we did. (y/n) watching very closely even though against most teams this quick was something they could barely see. Then she walked over, "Okay my turn!" 'She can try it if she wants but that doesn't mean she'll succeed...Although her chances are pretty good. '

She sprinted up stopping just short of the net then leaped up. 'Damn... She jumps pretty high.' Her whole upper body was above the top of the net and she spiked the ball down perfectly. We all looked at her in shock. The ball slammed against the ground then rolled to the back of the gym till it hit the wall. We were all left in shock and speechless...not even Coach Ukai knew how to react to that.

"I hope I didn't mess up," She nervously laughed trying to break the silence. 

"Wow I never knew that there'd be someone who could jump higher than Shouyou." Nishinoya said. 

"Haha really?" the girl said putting her hand behind her neck. "I didn't really know how high to jump and all...I just kind of winged it." 

"Wait so you can jump higher?!" Hinata said running up to her. "What's your highest???"

"Hmm..." She looked up thinking, "I think it was somewhere around 400 cm. I forget. Its probably a little lower than 400."  

'So she can jump higher than Ushijima, Haiba, and Hyakuzawa. '

"Now I average around 360 cm," She said with disappointment in her voice.

"That's still pretty high young (l/n)," Tanaka said putting his arm around the girl. This cheered her up a little. 

She got a notification on her phone and she read it with a panicked look on her face. 

"HEY SIS!"