I apply mascara and gloss. "Mmm, cute enough."

I walk out and put what I can into my purse and the rest into August's duffle bag. I look up to see his eyes scan my body.

"Is something wrong? Do I look bad?" I ask starting to get self conscious.

"No, not at all. It's just I never see you dress like this, all laid back and chill. I like it." He smirks and I blush.

I look down at my attire and shrug. It was just a simple black Nike hoodie, black Nike sweats, with white Nike socks and shoes. Leave it to Penny to put me in this. I always wear things that'll be considered "girly" so it was a little different to see me in this. I liked it though.

"Ready to go?" I ask and he nods. "Yea, I checked us out, just needed to get you up.

I nod and look around. "Let's go."

——

"See, and that's what yo' stupid ass get, talking shit and you tripped up the steps." August laughs and I roll my eyes.

I put my key in door but it opens anyway. There stands Chris with a bagel in his head, chewing hard. He looks back and forth between me and August and I furrow my brows. He looks a little angry but a bit scared too.

"Don't say I ain't warn you." He says and shrugs walking off. I step into the house and look at August.

August looks just as lost as I do and I shrug again. We decided to go grocery shopping for the house so I can stock up on things we needed and I wanted to cook tonight.

"Okay, so you can help me-" I stop in my tracks as I see my dad sitting at the island.

"Daddy.." I breathe out, a pit in my stomach forming. "I missed you."

He doesn't say anything as he looks at me, August rounds the corner and stops.

"Oh." He mumbles scratching the back of his head.

"See, I wouldn't have a problem if you two woke up early, and just decided to leave out. But I came home last night, as a surprise for the three of you, only for you not to be here. I came in around ten so I assumed you were with Penelope, until she came over earlier to get your toothbrush.." My father sips his bourbon and I bite my lip nervously. Leave it to Penny to ruin it.

"Dad-" He puts his hand up to interrupt me.

"So I waited until you got home, except.. you never came home. So I'm going to ask you one time.. where were you?" He asks folding his hands.

I look at Sincere and his hands are folded, resting on his mouth. I could tell he was pissed off too, Chris seemed a little off but not like them.

"I-I was with August." I mumble and I sigh heavily.

"Where."

"Virginia..." I mumble again and my father chuckles to himself.

"Really, Kali?"

"If I may interject, I took her on a date, she started to feel sick and she actually threw up. I was on the way to take her home and she got car sick so I just got her a hotel." August lies and I look at the floor.