015

A minor time jump, like VERY minor, maybe a week or two. [UNEDITED]

nina
——
Kali De Santa.

[Two weeks later.]

For two weeks I've been spending my time with August, in secret though, it sounded bad but I just needed time. I know Sincere had apologized for his actions but I just know if I popped up with August he'd throw a fit. I just didn't have time for his drama. August didn't deserve it and I didn't either.

I could tell August was starting to get irritated with just staying in the house, I didn't risk going out because somehow, Sincere knew everybody and everybody knew Sincere. I knew we had popularity, though it was always more him than me, just not this damn much.

"You gone, sugar?" I look to my right to see August mom in the kitchen reading the paper. I walk towards her with a smile on my face. It was crazy but I've gotten so much closer with August's mother over these couple of weeks. I spend almost every day over here but it still surprised me. She took me in with open arms. Most times I was here, I'd be with her instead of August.

"Yes ma'am. He fell asleep again, he's been so tired lately." I pout slightly.

She opens her mouth to say something but then gives a closed mouth smile and nods, I feel an energy shift but I decide to ignore it. "Have a good rest of your day Mrs. Alsina."

"Call me Ruth, baby. I told you that." She smiles and I nod. I lean in for a hug and she hugs back tightly.

"You be safe now."

"Always." I close her front door and walk to my car. As I sit in my seat, my phone starts to ring.

"Hello?" I answer.

I rummage around in my purse and grab my keys, I press the button to start my car and put my seatbelt on.

"Lil' Bit." Chris voice rang through my ears and I smile slightly.

"Hold on." I mumble.

I connect my call to the bluetooth and set my phone in the cup holder.

"Okay. Hey Chris." I say.

"You on your way home?" He asks.

"Yes, why? You need something before I come home?"

"Yeah, can you pick up my medicine from CVS? My prescription came in but I didn't renew my license yet, I keep forgetting to."

"Mhm, anything else? You want me to cook tonight?"

"Yeah that's fine, I love you Ali. I'm sorry." He mumbles.

For the past two weeks, Chris has been apologizing profusely. He honestly didn't really do anything I was just irritated with him. I told him I forgave him, which I genuinely did, but he still kept saying his apologies to me. Sincere, apologized once and moved on. We're good but he's been distant, but I know it isn't because of me.

"Chris stop apologizing okay? I love you too, where's Sin?"

"Sleep, he hasn't left his room today."

I sigh, "Figured that, I'll be home soon."

I click the end button and sigh frustratedly. It was the anniversary of our mother's death in two days, he's been taking it harder than usual this week.