022

Hey yaaaaall, I'm finally outta high school :) Now on to bigger and better things.

Please don't hate me toooo much with the shit that happens in this chapter. It's pretty long though so get your snacks and shit.

Here's August's cousin Demitri/ Demitrius. I know I switch between the two but it's the same person so I hope it doesn't get confusing or whatever.

 I know I switch between the two but it's the same person so I hope it doesn't get confusing or whatever

——
August Alsina.

"You straight?" I ask as I look at Demitrius. Ever since we left Kali's house the other day he's been a little weird, not towards me but anytime I'd go see her or I'd talk to her.

"Yea." He mumbles and I make a face. "You been off ever since we left Kali's the other day."

He shrugs and takes another bite of his burger.

"It ain't even you man, damn sure ain't her. It's just... man what you kno' about dat nigga Chris?"

"Chris? He cool people, known him for years now."

"How he kno' ya ol' lady?" He looks at me and I chuckle.

"He's best friends with her brother, the other one you met. They like family." I explain, questioning why he was acting the way he was.

"Yea ight." He snickers. "I don't like him, something weird about him. Felt it as soon as I walked in the kitchen, he mugged me like I stole his bitch or something. And then the shit he did wit' ya girl. I could tell even she ain't know what to do." He says crumbling the burger wrapper. "Then jus' how he just kept staring at me when I came back wit' Sincere. August, I know them ya' people but I came up hea' to better myself, don't have me in no bullshit na'." He says bluntly and I take my eyes off the road for a second to see him looking at me.

He was always a blunt person, I can tell he's changed from the last time I saw him. Usually all it would take for him to snap was a random look from someone, now he's containing himself. I don't blame him for questioning Chris though, we all didn't know what his issue was. He was never the one to be rude to someone for no reason, especially on a first impression, then the way he hugged Kali before he left just added fuel to the fire.

"Nah man, you know it's family over everything. I made a promise to keep you on the right track, I plan to keep that promise." He sighs and looks out the window.

"We all peeped Chris was actin' weird, he's never like that so I don't know. He gotta get used to you being around, especially with Sincere." I explain.

"What? Sincere his bitch or sum?" He scoffs and I look at him and he raises his hands.

"My bad." He mutters.