004

Currently on an emotional rollercoaster so here's a chapter :) It's pretty long.

KALI

"Honestly, Penny? I don't know

"Honestly, Penny? I don't know." I mumbled into my phone fumbling with my keys. "Maybe she's going through something, or, maybe she found out that you're over here also talking to Lisa." I snicker as I step into the house.

"Bubs! Are you home!" I shout, I move the phone from my ear and wait for a response. Silence.

"Sorry, you were saying?" I lock the door, kick off my shoes and trail up my steps.

"Even if I was entertaining Lisa, which I'm not,"

"Right, sure." I snicker.

"She has no right to even be upset about that, we established it was no title, no feelings so that's her fault. Besides, I have my eye on someone else."

"Who?" I ask, getting a random shirt and panties from my dresser.

"Well would ya look at the time? Got to go, my little sister is here. Love you!"

I shook my head and walked into my bathroom preparing to take a shower. I don't know she even tries to come to me about her female drama when she's the one doing wrong.

Even though I already took a shower when I first woke up, I just had to take another one. I felt dirty from being out all day.

Adjusting the temperature of the water, then stepping in, my thoughts somehow landed on August. I haven't talked to him since that time at the mall, I knew I should've just had him put his number in my phone instead.

I'm not attracted to him, I know I'm not, but it's just something about him that makes me intrigued. Maybe it's the fact that he's to himself, or the fact he holds a little mystery in his eyes. Something.

"Ugh, get him out of your mind." I shook my head as if that would clear my thoughts and started to wash my body.

——
I open my laptop and sigh, boredom was an understatement. Sin still isn't home nor has he called and it's already after 8pm.

My phone and computer rings and an unknown number pops up, clicking accept, I start tying my scarf.

"Hey." I spoke softly. A smile creeps across my face.

"Yo." August speaks. "You just be answering random numbers?" He asks with a smirk on his face as he props his phone up.

"Well no, but that's not the point. It's about time you called me." I mentally face palmed as soon as those words left my mouth.

"Oh really? Hm." He chuckles and leans back in a chair.

"Wait, no, ugh." I start blushing and suck my teeth, "No, I just been working on the project and I didn't even know if you completed your part yet."