072

Y'all this chapter gon' be real emotional. Nothin' happens to anybody but we gon' be having a lot of flashbacks and shit so, yeah.

Some flashbacks are in first person and some are in third. I literally copied and pasted it from older chapters just tweaked them a bit fr.

Enjoy.

——
Third Person. Unedited.
May 28th, 2021. [Continued.]
8:45 pm.

"Any word on Jason?" Kali sighed as she sat on the couch next to Alonzo.

"He gon' be aight, nigga a fighter." Alonzo chuckled as he rolled up him and Kali some blunts.

At the moment everyone was at the hospital visiting Jason. Kali and Alonzo were there but Kali kept on complaining about how she smelt like smoke so they had Alonzo take her back home.

"Good, despite my ill feelings towards him... he makes Aug so happy." Kali smiled slightly. "I'm glad he has him as a friend."

"Mhm." Alonzo nodded. "Speaking of friend, how you holding up? I know you and Jacob was close." Alonzo licked the blunt to seal it while he eyed her.

Kali laid herself across his lap and shrugged. "Man you almost made me drop this shit, woulda had to drop you on yo' fat ass dome."

"Fat dome or not I still pull." Kali giggled. "Both genders at that."

"Anyway." Alonzo chuckled.

"I'm... sad." Kali admitted.

"Wanna elaborate?" Alonzo asked, placing his arm across her waist.

Kali shifted, making herself more comfortable as she lit the blunt for him. "If it was anyone else asking me, I'd say no." She said truthfully.

"Word?" Alonzo smiled and placed the blunt in her mouth, watching her take a hit. "Good?"

She nodded and inhaled, blowing the smoke out. "Yeah. I hate burdening my boys with my emotions. Sounds dumb but they have enough stress to deal with already. All four of them are fighting demons of their own, well Sin is more so the consequences of his actions but still. I know Aug is my boyfriend but I can't talk to him about Jacob when not too long ago his best friend was in critical condition." She sighed heavily.

"But you know August would listen anyway, just as you would listen to him. But right now I agree, just be there for him. Though he's okay it still happened if you understand what I'm tryna say." Alonzo shrugged. "You'll never be a burden to them, I promise you that."

"I really needed to hear that. I just want Aug to know that despite everything, we'll be fine. Then with Chris, he already has so much on his plate, why would I add on to it because I'm sad?" Kali chuckled bitterly.

"Between taking care of me and Sin, then at times August, he still has to take care of himself and help my boys run G3." Kali frowned. "Then with Sincere, he's way too angry. If I'm sad, he channels my emotions into anger and loses his shit, sometimes I don't need that you know? I know he loves me more than anyone but I sometimes I just need him to listen to me and tell me it'll be okay rather than him going on a killing spree within the same hour."