Chapter 25 - Battle of the hearts

Start from the beginning

Anytime, I texted back.

Prior to my fighting session, I have brought her to visit Alexander. The middle-aged woman was staying in one of the hotels near the Mietitore office building, making it a short trip for me to visit her whenever I had the free time. Despite Alexander being cold and reclusive on the outside, I could tell that she craved for company. "Do whatever you want, I'm too tired to refuse you." Alexander had grumbled but her response had gave her away when I asked if I could bring a friend to see her.

Rafael poked my cheek as he leaned on me, looking at my texts. Mistaking my happy smile, he scolded "No boyfriend allowed!". Then proceeds to snatch away my phone and tugged it into his waistband. My nose scrunched up at the sight, my unconcealed disgust causing Rafael to laugh.

"I will shout Black Bear if you don't give me back my phone!" The slap on his bare back was loud but Rafael look unaffected, keeping a smirk. "I will tell Black Bear that you've a boyfriend!" His threat shut me up effectively. Black Bear would give me hell if he even heard the words "boy" and "friend" separately in a sentence involving me.

"Fuck yo-" I pushed Rafael aside before I could even finish my sentence, the gun aimed at the stranger's head. The stranger obediently halted a few feet away from the prince upon having a gun in his face. The customers sitting near us carried on their own businesses without giving a hoot about me, this was just an ordinary scene for the illegal fight club.

The stranger had the hood over his head, hiding his face in shadows. He was dressed in an oversized black hoodie and a familiar pair of light denim jeans. Holding Rafael's pistol steadily in my hands, I moved towards the stranger who had walked straight towards the Valentine prince.

Rafael stayed with me as we approached the stranger who had took the initiative to put his hands up. When I was at arm's length from the stranger, Rafael pulled back his hood to reveal...

A Julian Makatski.

I swore as I lowered the pistol while Rafael slapped the back of Makatski's head. Julian let out his square smile as he rubbed his head,"I wanted to surprise you guys." Giving him another slap to the head, the three of us sat back down at our seats. Rafael tugged his pistol back into the hidden pocket in his purple leather jacket and resumed drinking. Now I know why he favoured this jacket. It's design was brilliant even though it had failed to fool my eyes.

The dark eye circles under his hazel eyes have grown even darker since the lunch we had together. "You still have time for surprises?" I asked Julian who looked like he could use a year's worth of sleep. A forced laughter escaped him as he drank from my glass.

"I've came to tell you that Angelo have granted my request to let you assist me in my job. You know since he is so up his own ass with that Jessica." Julian fell asleep immediately after the shocking news.

No matter how hard I hit him, he wouldn't rouse from his deep slumber. Leaving me speechless and pumped with questions that only he could answer.

The White Coffin looked a little depressing, as the Mietitores suffered blow after blow from the Mafia members. It was a crucial time for them but their heir have chosen this time to be capricious and selfish. 

One of the housemaids rushed to open the gate for me, her expression anxious. Julian was snoring away on my back as the housemaid guided us to his room. I had sent away a drunken Rafael to help him dodge Angelo.

Took me the whole night to call enough courage to ask the question we both wanted to avoid, "Will you fight your own brother over a girl?"

Rafael answered with clarity, despite his swaying body.