~18~ The one with the break up and deep thoughts

Hey hey hey :D

Here it is :3

~Kritika~

I sat back rubbing my tired eyes with the back of my hands. I was finally done with the stupid English essay. A quick glance at the clock told me that it was a little over 9:15.

Joy.

I got up and stretched my aching joints. Apart from my breathing, there was a death like silence in the room. Stacey being the diligent student had done the homework long ago. And I had just procrastinated till the last minute. Even now, I found myself idly doodling on the paper. I grabbed an eraser and rubbed the smudges but it was like the universe was conspiring against me because the next second, the paper tore.

I screamed in frustration and threw the eraser at the window in frustration. I had expected a thunk as the eraser would've hit the window glass, but it flew right through. The window was open.

KMN.

So now, I was assignment-less and eraser less. I almost yelled in frustration but realised Stacey was sleeping so I decided to relieve my frustration by crumpling the piece of paper in front of me and shoving it at the window.

It flew out silently and dissapeared into the night but I felt oddly satisfied. I sighed, sitting back and taking a deep breath.

It's okay. You have time. Besides, you already have it all written in rough

As if on cue, my stomach growled loudly, filling the silence.

Okay. Break time

I rummaged through my fridge and found some left over pizza. I did a little happy dance as it heated in the microwave.

Plate in hand, I walked back to my room munching on the cheesy goodness.

I stopped in my tracks when I heard music waft from the room beside mine.

She was awake?

I creaked the door open and saw Stacey laying face down on her bed, dramatic Opera music playing in the background. Many alarms went off in my head. This had only happened before twice.

Once when her parents refused to buy her a pet despite her constant insisting.

And the second when she got to know that Bradley Cooper was a married man. And that was around ten years ago.

Something was very, very wrong.

"What the hell happened?" I asked her with my mouth full so it sounded more like 'whsat hlhd sjklts?'

"What?" she asked, her voice muffled by the pillow.

I quickly chewed and cleared my throat "What the hell happened?" I repeated, sitting down beside her.

She said something but her voice was muffled by her pillow.

"You might as well be speaking Dutch because I can't understand a word anyway." I said sarcastically "Turn around."

She sighed turned towards me.

"Nothing, okay? Don't worry. I'm just tired." she lied and turned her back towards me.

"Opera music?" I pressed.

"Just felt like it." she mumbled.

Okay. That's it.