~17~ The one with grocery lists and unexpected visitors

Hiiiiiiiii

Okay, here it is :3

~Kritika~

I looked at her unblinkingly for a while and she was just smirking at me.

"I'm so right." she snickered.

"How did you even arrive to that conclusion?" I managed to utter once I regained my sense of speech. Her ridiculousness never ceased to surprise me.

"You like him. It's as plain as day. How else would you know his eye color?" she said standing up and placing her hand on her hip in an attempt to look intimidating.

"No, it isn't. And seriously? Just because I know what color his eyes are does not mean I like him. I just know they're brown, is that a crime?" I intoned, standing up and mimicking her pose "Like, seriously?"

"Yeah, darling. Sure. Like I believe you." she said winking at the last part "Like I said, I approve."

"What the hell? What's even there to approve?"

"You." she pointed at me accusingly.

"Me?" I repeated, pointing at myself and she nodded "Me what?"

"You know what." she said pointedly and I let out an irritated sigh.

"No I don't like him." I told her slowly like when you're explaining a child.

She just gave me a blank stare in return.

Here we go again. Mafia staredown Part 2

She was trying to make me blurt out the truth. The truth, as if there was one.

I stare back into her eyes with equal intensity. The stare contest went on for a while, each daring the other to look away.

"Okay, you win. Again." she pouted sadly looking away and I laughed at her.

"Yay." I giggled "You know that if I liked someone you"ll be the first one I'll tell, right?"

And that's not going to happen for a long time, I added in my head. I couldn't bring myself to let it happen. With anyone. Especially after what happened to..

"I know, it's just that." she sighed, snapping me out of my train of thought."You would've made such cute babies."

"I'll pretend I didn't hear that." I muttered. "I don't like him or anything okay? And it's not like it's ever gonna happen." I said in finality. Besides, he has Anna, I added in my head.

"But the babies." she whined.

"Yeah sorry, Not gonna happen." I repeated, patted her cheek slightly.

"We'll see." she muttered and left my room without another word.

****

There are broadly two categories of how people spend weekends. There are the active ones, who go do productive work, run around like little kids on a sugar rush.

And then there are the non active ones, who'd rather just sit at one place and be a vegetable.

Judging from the plate of chips sitting on my lap and the television remote in my hand, there was no doubt in which one I belonged to.

"Get out of there, you idiot. The killer is in the room next to you." I yelled at the screen, throwing some chips at it.

"You know he can't hear you right?" Stacey snorted, braiding her hair neatly.