~42~ The one with the pirate jewellers and phonecalls

Hayyyyy :3

~Kritika~

He shot me yet another annoyed look aiming at shutting me up and it did work.

"Sorry." I said quietly and he just sighed loudly in return.

"Blue lingerie, though."

He groaned slamming the steering wheel, accidentally hitting the car horn. I snickered to myself.

"Would you stop it already. It's not even funny anymore" he said dryly causing my snickering to increase

"Sorry." I said again, pursing my lips to keep from laughing "for real this time."

"Better be. Or else I'm kicking you out of my car."

As we'd walked, well ran considering that he was chasing me, along the road to reach this Bread Street of his.. I'd noticed that despite the shops being overflown with people, there wasn't a single taxi in site.

So ironically, we ended up taking a bus back to the main shopping complex, where we'd started off in the first place.

And when we'd gotten there, Liam had offered to give me a ride back home. He'd said that taking the metro wouldn't be a wise option as it was the rush hour of the day so unless I wanted to die of suffocation, I'd rather go with him.

He had a point there.

"Blue reminds me.." I began and he began to groan again but I shook my head rapidly "no not that.. I'm talking about the.. Apatite."

"It's not an Apatite it's a--" he caught himself and then glanced at me before looking back at the road in front, smirking lightly "Sorry. Habit. You've a knack of mixing up names, so I'm pretty used to it by now."

"Ha ha ha." I said humourlessly, rolling my eyes "...but seriously. Care to elaborate about your sudden love for rocks? You behaved like you'd found Alladin's lamp or something." I mused.

"I.. It's not an ordinary rock." he said, sounding like I had just insulted him ".. It's a gemstone."

I looked at him, shocked before recovering and rolling my eyes, yet again.

"Right. A gemstone. Of course." I said dryly "because I randomly find stray diamonds lying around in old shops all the time too. Very normal." I said sarcastically

"No. I swear to god." he said, shaking his head "it looks exactly like an Apatite. Exactly like one. Now either it is one, or it is a bloody close replica."

"I'm guessing option two." I huffed "obviously, idiot. Who would have a gemstone laying discarded like a useless piece of scrap in a freaking gift shop? Don't you think the old lady would've.. I don't know.. sold it if she'd known it was precious?"

"Not everyone knows what an Apatite is. You didn't either." he said pointedly.

I opened my mouth to protest but he beat me to it "We'll see." he said "we'll see who has the last laugh here."

"Sure." I dragged "let's say it really is an Appatite. Then why didn't you let me tell that to the woman at the shop? Didn't she have a right to know what it was either?"

"Do you think she would've sold it to me at a cheap rate if she knew it was precious? She was willing to give it away for free! Do you think she would've done that if she knew what is was?"

I gave him a long look as he continued to stare forward "You're hopeless." I sighed "..exactly how precious is this Apatite of yours anyway?"

"I..not much." he said admittedly "but enough to be called a gemstone."