~10~ The one with the shooting star and serial killers

Hi :)

~Kritika~

Luckily, I felt an arm hold mine in an almost death grip as I got pulled back upright.

I hugged the tree trunk, breathing heavily as my heart beat at a thousand beats per minute "Are you.. frikking crazy?" I'd meant to yell but it sounded more like a pathetic whimper.

"Sorry." he laughed, not sounding it even one bit apologetic.

I glared at him and scooted closer to him which took a few painful seconds. I then hit his arm as hard as I could and I could tell it hurt "I could've died. You freaking.. popsicle."

He gave me a long look "Popsicle? What's wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with saying popsicle?" I shot back

"Every f*cking thing." He said and I smacked his arm hard "don't swear." I scolded.

"You can emphasize your point by not hitting me, you know."

I smiled apologetically "Sorry. Reflex."

"So you really don't swear." he said loudly and then immediately sweared "F*ck." I slugged him hard this time "Oww! Okay stop. I won't swear again."

"You better not." I threatened "besides, I almost died today because of you."

"Chill, will you."

"Chill?" I repeated "I almost fell okay? And-- whoa!" I almost fell again but he had already been holding onto my arm "Is this how I'm gonna die?!" I cried in anguish.

"Chill."

"NO I WON'T CH-"

"Shh." He hushed me "Here, hold my hand. With me here, you won't fall. Ever. I promise." he said, enunciating every word.

I snapped my head towards him. Then, I just stared. He stared right back for a few seconds before raising his eyebrow at me "Okay, you're creeping the f.. fridge out of me now."

"When you're Main Hoon Na AF." I muttered to myselves as a smile crept onto my face.

He raised both of his eyebrows "Uh.. Okay?"

I gaped at him "You can't be serious. Main Hoon Na? Shah Rukh Khan?"

"Is that a.. band name?"

"Oh my god?" I said louder "you can't be serious. You don't know Shah Rukh Khan? Who doesn't know him? Even Luke does! And he isn't even into Bollywood." he still looked confused and I sighed shaking my head at him "he's an actor in Bollywood. Been around for a long time. 'King of Bollywood' or so they call him." I said, making air quotes with my free hand.

He gave me long look "you're weird."

"Oh don't I know." I laughed and that's when I saw it "Oh my god." I almost yelled. Was that..?

"Shooting star?" I whispered in awe. He looked up and shrugged "Oh."

I had never seen a shooting star before. When I did see a streak of light in the sky, it was almost always a jet leaving a trail of smoke. The disappointment. I had always seen them in videos and pictures but seeing one with my own eyes was... unreal.

I closed my eyes and joined my hands tightly together. "Uh.. what are you doing?" I heard him say

"Shh. I'm making a wish, what else?" that shut him up and I finished making my wish. I knew exactly what my wish was going to be about. That was the only thing I wanted at that point. When I opened my eyes, the star had disappeared. I sighed.