~1~ The one where it all began

~Kritika~

*Brr-r-ing*

"Ugh! Stop ringing." I groaned throwing the duvet over my head hoping it would block the darn noise.

The sound faded just the tiniest bit.

Who the hell invented alarm clocks? Why was it even invented? Who the hell thought of inventing it? Even if it was invented couldn't it just purr out a lullaby instead of just.. ringing?

I know that would defeat it's purpose but then the number of people dying of a heart attack would be considerably reduced.

I blindly groped for the darn thing grumbling and my hand finally landed on cool metal. I slammed my hand on it furiously till it stopped ringing. I did a mental happy dance when its wretched wailing ended. I fell back and buried my face into my pillow, closing my eyes and letting sleep take over me again.

"Kritikaaaaaaaaa!"

Knew it would'nt last long.

I groaned and threw a pillow to the person disturbing my precious sleep, and turned over, muttering something intelligent.

Suddenly, the bed began to shake violently causing my eyed to fly open wide.

I peeked from beneath the duvet and saw my soon to be victim's upside down grinning head.

"Rise and shine, sunshine." Stacey sang in my ear, I flinched away, rubbing my now damaged ear glaring imaginary daggers towards her.

She's such a darling isn't she? Note the sarcasm

"You have to get up." she said, shoving me slightly.

"Ugh! Just go away!" I groaned at her, aiming a pillow roughly at her hoping that she'll get the hint and leave me alone.

It did really work. I couldn't hear her anymore so assumedly, she had left.I sighed in relief.

Peace, at last.

"And so I cry sometimes when I'm lying in bed. Just to get it all out, what's in my head."

"Don't you dare.." I warned, prying one eye open and glaring at her.

Not this wretched song, if it even classifies as a song. Anything but this, please.

"And I, I am feeling a little pe-peculiar"

"Stacey for the love of god. Shut up. I beg you." I yelled, covering my ears with my pillow.

She cried on and on. The pillow was'nt doing its job so well, so I got up and shut my ears muttering 'la la la' over and over. Childish, I know, but I'd rather hear a hundred alarm clocks ringing at once than hear her sing.

Ever heard the annoying screech of chalk against blackboard? The sound of tires squealing? The cry of a dying alien? Multiply these by ten and you get a singing Stacey. 

And her horrible singing, combined with the worst song in history, let's just say apocalypse was very near.

No one deserved this torture. Especially early in the morning.

"In the name of every dessert in existence, Stop!" I barked like an army sergeant, smacking my hand onto her mouth, shutting off the racket. Her singing was muffled by my hand and I let out a sigh of relief.

She sighed and mumbled something under my hand. I rolled my eyes and removed my hand off her mouth.

"Hmm.. Wonder what day it is." she said sounding rhetorical , tapping her index finger slightly on my forehead smirking, getting up slowly and heading out.