~46~ The one with the confusions and mufflered visitors

~Kritika~

"Gee, relax will you? Don't get so excited now. It's only me." he said dryly as I continued to gape at him.

Ignoring his remark, I shot him another puzzled look that meant to spell what-the-hell-are-you-doing-here.

"Okay, seriously. You look like you're having a stroke of chronic dissapointment. There's only so much hurt my ego can take." he said and I finally snapped out of it.

"But.. I.. You.." I stuttered incoherently before shutting my mouth and taking a deep breath. I then spoke slowly "What are you doing here?"

"Can I not come and see my favourite little human?" At that I raised my eyebrow questioningly causing him to stand up straighter "...guess not."

"No no.. I didn't mean--" I shook my head and forced a smile "I'm sorry, do come in though.

"No I'm okay right here." he said quickly "besides, staying here will be more.." he paused to think "..convenient."

"Convenient?" I repeated, confused.

Is he drunk?

"Yeah.." he trailed "since my self defends skills are pretty..chronic."

"Are you drunk?" I monotoned.

Great, just great. I mean, can't a girl just sulk in peace?

"What? No." he retorted

I ignored his remark and held up my hand in front of his face "how many fingers are these?"

"Four." he said non chalantly and quickly added "I mean, four fingers and one thumb."

I relaxed and nodded, letting my hand fall back "okay, we're good. Now, stop going on circles and tell me what's going on."

"Clear cut?"

"Clear cut." I nodded "but first tell me.. what would you need self defence for?"

"For when you'll kick me.. after what I tell you." he said and I could tell he was serious. I would've laughed but I didn't.

Instead, I leaned my weight against the door, waiting for him to continue. He looked rather.. flustered.

"Okay, here goes nothing." I heard him mutter, more to himself and he looked at me "I've been meaning to tell you this for quite some time now.." he paused "..I have.. I think.. I think I like someone."

My heart stopped at his words. Oh crap. Brianna.

"And I have for quite some time. Why am I telling you this? I don't know.. She's like.. a sister to you and.. I just thought that you should know and.."

I couldn't take it anymore

"I'm sorry." I blurted "I'm sorry, Ricky.. but.. this is.. this isn't right." I shook my head rapidly.

If he gets to know about Liam and her he'll be heartbroken.

His shoulders fell at that "But why?" he questioned quietly and I wanted to hug him right then and there.

"Ricky." I paused. Better tell him now and save him the heartbreak "..she likes someone else. I'm sorry."

He gave me a really confused look "What? But how's that possible? I..?"

"Ricky, I know But when I.. I told her this yesterday and she was, well, pretty okay about it."

Wait, hold up.

"What? You already told her?!" I yelled "this is so not good. Crap. Oh crap." I covered my face with hand "now what's Bri going to do? And what about L-"