~50~ The one with the hide and seek and reindeer clips

~Kritika~

"Don't make a sound, shh."

"Sorry."

I opened one eye and heard footsteps trudging towards me. I quickly shut them back.

"Okay, on the count of three.. 1..2..3.."

At that moment, I bolted upwards startling Ayaan and Riya, who were hovering over me "Merry Christmas!" I yelled causing them, especially Ayaan, to almost fall off the bed. I laughed, rubbing the remainders of sleep from my eyes.

"Di." Riya squealed, throwing her hands around me

"Hi baby." I cooed at my five year old cousin "when did you get here?"

She seemed to think for a bit "Some time ago."

"Yeah, it's almost noon." I heard Ayaan say causing my eyes to widen. I glanced at my alarm clock and it read 8:09. I narrowed my eyes at him before pushing him off the bed for real this time "Liar."

He rubbed his butt but grinned through the pain nonetheless "Close. You've been asleep for ages."

"I was tired, okay?" I mumbled, yawning. Yesterday had been quite eventful, but I wasn't going to sulk around. Not this time. Especially when it was Christmas.

"I woke up at what, five?" he stated, shaking his head at me.

"Aww, little Ayaan's in Christmas spirit." I teased. I heard giggling from behind me and I felt someone fiddling with my hair "What are you doing, Riya?" I asked, feeling little hands tug my hair once again. She just giggled and I felt one last tug before she tumbled into my lap.

"Reindeer clip." she said, pointing to my hair. She then pointed to her own black, curly hair and sure enough I saw a sparkling clip in her hair "now we match." she said proudly "Ayaan bhaiya won't wear it."

I clicked my tongue at my brother who was still on the floor for some reason "why didn't you wear the clip, bhaiya?" I teased

He narrowed his eyes at me "Because.. It's for girls." he said, more to Riya.

"Well, you'll make a very pretty girl." I said. Riya regarded him for a second before nodding in agreement.

"And you'll make a handsome boy." he said dryly before getting off the floor and grinning evilly at me. He was wiggling his fingers and that could only mean one thing. I sent him a don't-you-dare glare.

"Riya, let's play a game." he grinned "it's called let's tickle Kritika."

"No." I warned him "don't you take another step. One more step and you're dead. Dead."

He raised his hands in apparent defeat, before plopping down and ruffling my hair "Scaredy cat."

"More like ticklish cat." I said, letting him ruffle my hair. I wouldn't admit it out loud, but it felt good having Ayaan back. I smiled to myself.

"Let's play hide and seek." I heard Riya yell suddenly. I internally groaned, what's with kids and hide and seek? Their version usually consisted of them hiding at the most obvious places and you pretending that you can't find them, letting them win in the end.

"Riya I.."

"Please?" she pleaded, grabbing my arm "please?"

I sighed, giving in "Okay. But Ayaan has to come play as well."

"Why me?" Ayaan whined

Now Ayaan was to one subject to her persuation "Please?"

"Okay, on one condition." he said