~30~ The one with flour storms and new names

Hellooo my munchkins
How are you all?
I'm loving doing this updating spree. It's so... Exhilirating.

Wow. Big words. Okay.

Here you go! Muah!

~Kritika~

"Developmental psychology. It is the scientific strata of studying how and why human beings change over the course of their lifetime." I heard Stacey repeat to herself for what felt like the millionth time "It is the scientific... Ugh! It's official, I would never be able to learn all this at this rate. Such huge, fancy words." she grumbled, all but flinging her book across the room.

Our exams had officially begun and were actually going pretty good so far. We had our next one in a week. We had developmental and child psychology so I was pretty excited.

Couldn't say the same about Stacey though.

"Why do we need to learn this load of crap." she said, groaning "..what the hell? So many definitions. Which idiot wrote this book..?" I laughed at that "Stacey.."

"I know, okay? I'm being ridiculous. But I'll never get this done. Why didn't I study all through the year."

"Procrastination, my friend." I said sarcastically but she ignored me "I'd rather die. Might as well write my will." she sighed, plopping on her bed, right where her book was.

"Shut up.." I laughed "..come on, it's easy."

"Yeah, easy for you to say." she mumbled.

I grabbed a chair and sat down beside her "No, really. Don't think of them as definitions. It's just basic stuff." I explained "For example, let's take.. Okay. the definition of developmental psychology, yeah? So, It basically refers to the changes in a human being. Mental changes. That happen over time. Get it?"

She slowly nodded looking pretty much amazed "So it means studying what changes happen in people after they go through all the crap in their life?"

"Basically." I shrugged

"Wow." she let out a breathy laugh "That was very easy."

"Told you." I smiled

"Girl, tutor me ." she said suddenly with a pleading look. I rolled my eyes.

"Would you look at that!" I exclaimed "Ms. I-like-to-study-on-my-own needs tutoring. Today must be my luck day. What a privilege."

"Okay okay, I admit." she sighed, rolling her eyes "I need help. Please?"

I narrowed my eyes in mock thought "Fine." I said after a few moments "but before that.."

"What?"

"Let's eat something." I said, patting my stomach.

"Yes, ma'am." she mock saluted.

"Let's go." I yelled.

"Mooooooooom." Stacey dragged, as we entered the kitchen "She's not here, where is she?"

"Wait let me try." I said "CJ?" I yelled.

"CJ! CJ! CJ!" I chanted and a moment later I saw her coming out of the laundry room.

"I was doing the laundry, girls. Why the ruckus?" she asked "And enough with the yelling, I'm pretty sure even the Martians can hear you."

"We're hungry, mumma." Stacey pouted.

"Okay." she sighed, wiping her brow. She looked weary and tired.

Guilt hit me immediately. Here we were, ordering her around like some servant and she had no break from work, even on a Sunday.