18. Kisses And Dinner

Anne

As expected, the bedroom was big and expensive-looking with a king-sized bed in the middle of the room, a large desk, a vanity, a wardrobe, and, of course, a door to the bathroom.

But there was another door, one that I assumed was the connecting door to the other bedroom.

"This will be your room, " Christopher said, coming in and closing the door behind him. "My father calls it the pink guest room. Mine is the green guest room."

I wasn't remotely pleased with what Christopher said to me just down the hall, but I knew he would apologize. Christopher was just that kind of man.

But that still didn't make me feel hurt. That's why when I tried to smile had to remind myself of who Christopher is.

"It's pretty, " I said plainly, looking around the room. I walked towards the bed and sat down at the foot of it. It was soft, just as I expected it to be, and immediately wanted to lay in it.

Looking back at Christopher, I saw that he tensed up.

"Hey, it's alright, Topher. I get it. You're disappointed. I just don't understand why you handled it the way you did, " I said.

He furrowed his brows.

"I- I don't want to talk about it. It's complicated, Anne. My father and I always had issues, and there is nothing you can do. But I do apologize for what I said to you. You don't deserve that."

I sighed and got up from the bed, walking over to him. I wrapped my arms around him and held him tight. He returned the gesture.

"It's okay. Just please, please try to make up with your father, alright? Four years is a long time, " I coaxed.

His hands ran through my hair, brushing it with his fingers. I smiled.

"I will, love, but tell me, how did I get so lucky?" He said.

"You chose to raid the right pirate ship, I guess."

He chuckled to that and left my hair to touch my face, stroking and moving his fingertips across every inch of it before pressing his lips to mine.

He kissed me lovingly like he generally needed me and was scared to let me go.

I kissed him back the same way, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him closer.

Christopher seemed pleased with that because the next thing I knew, I was being lifted off the ground and being carried.

I didn't even know what was happening until Christopher placed me on the bed and pulled back, kissing my forehead.

"We should probably get ready for dinner, hmm? We don't want to be late although I wouldn't mind too much. I like the taste of your lips over wine, " he said, smirking.

I completely forgot all about dinner once Christopher's lips touched mine, and I wasn't too hungry anymore.

So, instead of getting washed up, I got up on top of the bed (after I kicked off my shoes. I didn't want to ruin such nice sheets) and rewrapped my arms around Christopher.

"I do, too, " I mumbled into Christopher's ear before reclaiming his lips.

I didn't think I've seen a man so pleased.

We stood like that for what felt like only minutes, sucking face and whatnot, until there was a knock on the door and Tristan's voice interrupting us.

"Ye better not be doing what I think ye doing in there, " he said. "Dinner is waiting. Surely you'd first eat before you knock those paintings off the wall."