15. Here And Now

"There had to be a reason, " Christopher argued. "I mean, why else would you ask my mother's name?"

I tried to think of a reason fast - Anything that would get Christopher off my back.

"I just wanted to know the woman that gave birth to all this, " I said, half true. What woman had the strength to handle this crazy man?

"My mother was quite a woman, " Christopher sighed. "She wouldn't let me get away with anything!"

"This was the same woman that let you see ships after acting up?"

He shrugged. "My mother had her moments."

I pecked his cheek. "I bet she was a good person."

"She was."

***

Alright, alright, we fell asleep. We gave in, and the next thing you know, we're out cold with my head leaned up against Christopher and Christopher, wrapping his arm around me.

It was probably the best nap I've ever taken.

But then I woke up. Not Christopher, just me, and what I saw out the window sent my heart racing.

There, right outside that window, was Scotland, beautiful Scotland in all it's glory.

I couldn't believe I saw this! It was winter, yes, but green was all around me! And soon, all of it would be in nothing but snow.

But as far as I could see, there was beauty everywhere. You couldn't get this in a small town.

Around me, mountains and flowers caught my eyes. Hell, even the dirt road we were on seemed interesting to me at that time!

I couldn't believe I was there! And I was there with Christopher!

It was hard to believe that Christopher, a man that I took as a common thief, grew up with such beauty around him. He had money, a vacation spot; he had luxury!

"I'm glad you like the view, " Christopher said with a yawn.

I glanced in his direction and smiled. "It's hard to believe you had all this."

He smirked. "I guess so, but you see what I'm talking about, don't you? It's things like this I want to see more of in different places. I couldn't see this if I was a working businessman like my father."

"But, you had to become a pirate?" I sassed.

"No...I could have handled my situation in a better way, but I saw my opportunity, and I took it. And now I sail the seas discovering different worlds."

I liked that. I wanted that. And now I was getting it.

I smiled, liking the words coming out of his mouth.

"I'm glad you took me then, " I said.

"You mean when we met?"

"Yes."

"No, no, darling, " he said. "I saved you. I didn't take you anywhere."

And let the games begin!

"Really? You carried me to your ship if I remember. You took me raiding; you forced me to play the wifey role-"

"I didn't force you for that!" He argued.

"Oh, yes, you did. Now let me finish. You dragged me to make you and the crew supper on multiple occasions; you made me kiss you, and lastly, you made me listen to you snore just now."