Cuddling

~Midoriya POV~

I felt my tears well up and fall as All Might said his final words as a hero, "Now, it's your turn."

Kacchan was standing a few steps away from me but he stepped closer to put a hand on my shoulder. I quickly threw my arms around him and he seemed startled at first but was trying his best to comfort me.

Shoto, Yaoyorozu, and Kaminari met up with us and the first thing Kirishima did was tackle Kacchan, who didn't fall over, but was still shouty as always. Shoto pulled Kacchan into a tight hug after that and kissed his forehead, which Kaminari made fun of him for being so soft with Shoto and I.

We eventually agreed to hand Kacchan over to the police, mainly for his safety but he really wasn't liking it.

After wards the six of us parted ways, Kirishima's Moms came to pick up Kaminari and him, while Iida, Momo, Shoto, and I all walked home.

Mom was glad I was ok and All Might was there with her, who scolded me for going rescuing Kacchan and being reckless.

"Though I guess I can't blame you though, soulmates do have a history of doing reckless things to help each other, but that doesn't give you an excuse!"

After all that I went and flopped down on my bed and saw that I had a notification from Shoto.

"Fire Trash is pissed about not beating all might himself. Destroyed like half of his training room."

"Dang, he's really extreme isn't he"

"Yeah"

A few minutes later I got a text from Kacchan.

"Hey, just got home"

"Hey, are you doing ok?"

"Yeah are you good?" He messaged back.

"Yeah"

"Can you come over?"

I was a little surprised at the sudden request but agreed and my mom let me go.

After walking down to his house, I knocked on the door and he let me in. Once we were up in his room he said, "Can we just... cuddle."

"Oh, yeah of course." I paused for a moment before asking, "Why me though? Why not Shoto?"

"If you don't want to be here then I can call him instead." Kacchan responded with an edge in his voice.

"No, I do! I'm just wondering."

He paused for a moment before saying, "I felt safer calling you and less like a bother."

"Aw! Kacchan!" I said before wrapping my arms around his torso. He yelled at me for a minute before we snuggled up together on his bed.

His strong arms still held a bit of tension in them, as if he was nervous about something. It probably had something to do with him getting kidnapped, but it was still a bit worrying.

Kacchan is almost never nervous and the fact that he's still nervous, even several hours after everything happened, was worrying.

It also just occurred to me that we should probably at least tell Shoto that we're hanging out together, just so we're not keeping secrets.

"Hey Kacchan, did you tell Shoto that we were staying together?"

He was quite for a moment before saying, "...No, was I suppose to?"

"I mean, I think it'd be best if we told him, just so it's not a secret or anything. I can text him."

"Alright." He said as I pulled my phone out of my pocket and typed out, "Hey, I'll be over at Kacchan's house for tonight, just thought I'd let you know."

He responded a few minutes later with, "Alright, thanks for telling me."

After that I slipped my phone back in my pocket and put my arms back around Kacchan. His grip around me was strong and gentle, as though he was scared to let go.

Eventually Mitsuki came upstairs and knocked on the door before opening it and said, "Hey, dinners ready if you two want anything. I made spicy curry."

Kacchan started to get up and said, "Thanks." As he walked past her. She looked at me with a shocked look on her face before whispering to me, "Is that my kid? How'd you get him to calm down that much? He was still all bratty when the police dropped him off."

I shrugged and said, "I think he's just burnt out."

She nodded before we walked down the stairs and sat down to eat. Kacchan finished his food quickly and even got seconds before I was finished.

Once we were both done, he pulled me back into his room and we went right back to cuddling. He was being surprisingly affectionate, though it probably had something to do with the fact that he was just kidnapped.

"Hey Kacchan?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"Hm?"

"What happened when we were kids?"

"What do you mean? You started avoiding me and I tried to get your attention again... I could've gone about it better but still..."

"Avoiding you?"

"Weren't you? I definitely went way over the line... especially in middle school... but I only started because I thought you were avoiding me, I thought... I don't know, it seems stupid now."

"Sorry to bring it up... I was just a bit curious."

"It's alright, you really were on the worse side of it... I shouldn't have been such a dick when I was younger."

There were several beats of silence before I asked, "Hey uh, random question, do you still have that Ponyo DVD I got for you when we were little?"

He paused for a minute before sitting up and muttering, "I think so."

He stood up and reached into his closet and eventually grabbed a box from the top shelf and opened it. Inside were several dusty DVDs, the most notable of them was, the one with the least amount of dust, Ponyo.