Eventful

~Midoriya POV~

As soon as Todoroki was out the window, I shut it immediately. I then walked out of my room and stood as tall as I could muster and said,

"He's not here."

My mother looked at me, a nervousness and understanding in her eyes as she said in a sweet voice,

"Todoroki hasn't been here since he stayed the night a few months ago. Is there a reason you're searching here? Is he missing?"

The #2 hero sighed before saying, "He's run off again. This isn't the first time he's done this and your son is one of the few 'friends' he has." He put extra emphasis around the word Friends.

"You son seems like the type to try and harbor him away from me, I trust you wouldn't let that happen." He said before turning away from the door.

"Oh not at all." My mother said with false kindness seeping into her voice, shutting the door behind him.

"Was that Todoroki, or... uh, Endeavor?" All Might said from behind me.

"Mhm," I said before I added, "what're you doing here anyway."

His face flushed a bit before he tried to explain himself, but he was doing a poor job of it.

"All Might, thats my mom!"

"I know! I know, I know, just..."

It was also at this moment I noticed the colorful patch across his collar bone that was black when I saw him last.

"You're soulmates? He's your second soulmate?" I asked turning to face my mother.

She smiled at me and explained everything that had happened over the past couple weeks. I listened and All Might looked, understandably, nervous.

Once she was done, I asked, "What about dad?"

"Oh, Izuku, your father and I have been apart for many years now. He's somewhere in America now." She said calmly putting a hand on my shoulder.

I can't say that I was surprised, I hadn't seen him since Kacchan and I we're friends the first time.

That didn't mean it hurt any less. He was still my dad and as far as I was concerned, he hadn't done anything to hurt me directly.

I looked over at All Might and said "So you're dating now?" He nodded, looking sympathetic. I sighed and walked back to my room.

I was not about to get upset about them being together but I was upset about Dad.

Neither of them told me anything so I just thought he was away for business, was that ever true? Did anyone ever tell me that or did I just do that myself?

My thoughts kept pounding against my head as I laid down on my bed and wrapped myself up in the blankets.

After a while I grabbed my phone to try to take my mind off it.

I had no notifications from Todoroki but I did have one from Kacchan in the group chat with the three of us.

He was asking if the two of us were doing ok and I shifted over to a one on one chat.

I told him everything that happened with Todoroki and his dad, leaving about the part about All Might for now.

We continued to talk throughout the night, sometimes about Todoroki and sometimes about each other, but the conversation took a bit of a turn when the class was brought up.

Kacchan brought up that Tsu said that she didn't have a soulmark and the odd nature of Ururaka's, he's betting that it's her.

Kacchan always did have a sort of sixth sense for knowing who's soulmate was who and as far as I know, he's never been wrong about it.

He even predicted that Aisawa sensei's soulmate was Present Mic, which I hadn't even noticed Aisawa's soulmarks.

His was under his scarf and was rarely ever visible and Mic's was on his hand, which is a generally a normal place for a soulmark.

He predicted our second grade teachers soulmate and one of his friends in 5th grade, along with just about everyone in middle school. He even guessed on Ojiro and Hagakure.

So knowing his track record with these things, I wouldn't be surprised if he was right again, but how? Tsu has no visible soulmarks and there's no clear way of knowing how Ururakas is gonna work out, so I was a bit surprised by kacchan saying that.

He brought up Shinsous soul mark too. I hadn't noticed his at all but it was apparently on his upper forearm. He said that he thought his soulmate might be Monoma.

We continued on that topic for another hour before the subject shifted back too Todoroki.

Wondering if he was gonna he ok and if we were gonna see him at school on Monday. We decided that if he doesn't respond to us by noon, then we go looking for him.