Adherent

~Midoriya POV~

Kacchan and Todoroki were extra... clingy. For like an entire week before I decided to say anything.

The two of them never left my or each other's side almost the entire week, only leaving for classes. They sat next to me at lunch and stood right next to me in the hallways, while the two of them seemed attached at the hip.

I can't say I didn't like the attention, I loved it. Even though it was strange to say the least. There was never any malice behind their words or eyes. Almost getting more adherent as the week went on.

And it wasn't directly obvious either. Kacchan was kinda acting like a cat. The sort of "The fact that I'm always sitting right next to you means absolutely nothing" attitude. Todoroki was similar but in a less Tsundere kinda way.

So I couldn't really point it out to anybody who wasn't paying too much attention.

I mean, Kacchan and Todoroki usually sat with Ururaka, Iida, and I during lunch, but they usually were talking to each other for me to occasionally dip into their conversation, but now it was like they wanted me to participate.

If they walked with me in the halls it was usually Todoroki or Kacchan, but now it was both.

Kacchan was laughing more, and Todoroki was making jokes.

And I loved it. I loved that they were paying attention to me, not that I want all the attention all the time, but their attention. Attention that used to be a bit distant was now right in front of me.

On our way home, on Friday, Kacchan asked me if I'd mind staying the night with Todoroki and him over the weekend. I, of course, agreed and texted my mom and she said it was fine, And Kacchan smiled. Something was different about that smile. It wasn't giddy or exited or even particularly happy. Something rested behind that smile that I couldn't quite put my finger on.

Just before I figured out what it was he waved to me and we parted ways leaving me to ponder what it was.

I walked into my room, texted my mom that I was home, and saw a notification from Todoroki.

"I'm glad you could come stay the night with us"

I replied with "Yeah me too!" Before typing "I've actually been meaning to ask you something."

"?"

"Well you and Kacchan have been paying more attention to me and you seem to be closer to each other. Is there a reason?"

He didn't respond for a while.

20 minutes later he said

"We stayed the night at his house and got a bit intimate with each other."

Regretfully I knew what he meant by inimate. He then sent

"And after that Bakugo sent me a text message at like 3 in the morning saying that he wanted to be a better person and that he didn't want you to be so afraid of him."

"And I told him I'd help him."

Relatively spontaneous decision made at 3am? Sounds like Kacchan.

"Oh. I'm glad he's making an effort."

"Me too"

With that I closed the app and my phone, tossing it somewhere on my bed and slapped my arms over my face.

I took a moment to breath.

Kacchan was actually trying, and we had Todoroki to support us. If something bad happens, I'll do my best not to be too disappointed, but I was happy. Exited for what the future inevitably held and happy that they were trying. I filled my stomach with butterflies and made my heart beat against my rib cage so loud it was the only noise in the quite room.

I eventually got myself to relax and the night went on like any other, but now I was anticipating.