Don't hold back

~Sports festival Time~

Kacchan just declared in full confidence that he was going to win. I felt a sense of embarrassment rise as I slapped my face into my palm.

Todoroki seemed to physically cringe at the declaration and sighed deeply. We gave each other an awkward glance.

(The race and the cavalry battle have the same results along with the confrontation with Todo and Midoriya about his father)

Before the one on one battle, Kacchan pulled Todoroki and I over to the side of building where no one was.

"I don't want you guys going easy on me just because we're soulmates." He muttered with a sharpness to his voice.

Todoroki nodded and just as he did Kacchan continued with "And don't expect me to go easy on you." Looking between the two of us. I nodded and so did todoroki.

This wasn't going to get in the way of what I planned to do.

Todoroki ached for something that no one had provided him. Simple enough that no one thought to tell him.

It may not work, but I was damn well gonna try.

~Todoroki POV~

His words were drowned over the sound of shattering glaciers. His bones breaking with every strenuous use of his quirk. What was he trying to accomplish? Was this his full potential? Was he trying to hold out, wait for me to freeze? Or something else? At the time I couldn't be sure.

But then I hear him.

His voice.

Above the shouts and the shattering.

Above all the noise I heard

Him.

Barely making out what he's saying but the raw energy poured into his words made my heart tighten.

I heard the desperation coupled with frustration in his voice as I heard him say

"Come at me."

Now, the fight has begun.

Blow after blow our battle rages on in a torrent of wind and ice. My heart thrumming in my chest, I stared him down in a moment of pain.

I knew he couldn't last long but neither could I, and I'll be dammed before I use my left side.

I knew he was talking, I could feel the sharp edge in his voice but my ears were ringing to loud to hear until he raised his voice and screamed

"STOP SCREWING AROUND, YOU'D BE ABLE TO WIN IF YOU JUST USED YOUR POWER."

I don't know why or how this sent me remembering my mother but it did.

I heard her whispering sweet nothings to me as I sobbed into her chest after what my father had done.

I heard her talking with me about hero's and power as we watched TV on the couch

I heard her whispering over the phone with her mother in the kitchen as she boiled water for tea...

The skin around my left eye tingled as I remembered the pain.

Over the noise in my head I heard his voice shatter through my thoughts as he yelled

"ITS YOUR POWER,"

A pause

"YOUR QUIRK NOT HIS"

So simple, words I'd heard before flooded my head as my mind went blank of nothing, but him.

I forgot everything of my past and could only focus on him.

Midoriya...

I felt my left side ignite in a torrent of flames.

The noise of everything was gone in a instant as I could only focus on him.

Not my past

Not my father

Him.

What happened after was fuzzy but I remembered Cementoss throwing up columns of barriers before Midoriya and I collided.

Then I was sitting in the waiting room.

Thinking.

(A/N
I JUST WANT YOU TOO KNOW I SOBBED MAKING THIS)