Chapter 38: Warehouse Wonders

Start from the beginning

His back facing away from me, and he's pulling something. He stops pulling whatever it is, then steps away, that's when I see a beat up Clara before me.

Oh my god CLARA?!

"What did you do to her?" I scream trying to reach her, but my arms are restrained to the chair.

"She is one hell of a fighter if I do say so myself, but she's stupid. A complete idiot." The male states and I turn my head in disbelief at Liam.

"How could you?!" I grit out at him.

"She's your fucking sister!" I scream.

Liam looks down at the ground; arms still folded. Not showing any emotion. But I can see it in his eyes. He's ashamed. He didn't want to do this. I'm going to find out why.

"You hungry?" the man asks.

I spit at his shoes.

He then lifts me by the neck, so I'm looking in his eyes, making the zip ties add pressure to my wrists as they grind against my skin.

"I try to be nice and all you do is act like a fucking brat" he says before slapping me hard across my left cheek.

He then grasps Clara by the foot, drags her to the wall, chaining her wrists.

My breathing increases.

I squirm in my chair; trying to get free.

The man laughs darkly at me, "Now now princess, save your energy for the boss."

With that he walks away, heading for the door. Just before he exits he turns to Liam, "Stay here until I'm back. Feel free to hit them but don't kill. Bosses orders."

He closes the door with a bang and I flinch.

"Liam how could you do this?" my voice cracks and I stare at Liam. I feel like I'm looking at a stranger.

"She's your sister for gods sake!"

"Liam are you even listening to me?!"

"You should be ashamed of your-"

"-SHUT UP!" Liam shouts and I openly glare at him.

He walks back to the end of the building, leaning his back against the wall and closes his eyes. Bastard.

I slowly turn my head and look at Clara. She is currently passed out. She has scratches and marks of dry blood all over her.

I hate to say it but I forgot about her. So much has happened ever since she left. Aubrey said she's the enemy; obviously she was wrong.

"Clara....." I say softly.

My eyes are half open. I'm running on the last of my energy right now. The hole in my chest is getting bigger. I don't want to live anymore. What's the point?

But I have to save Clara. I don't know why but I feel like I'm part of the reason she is beaten up and that is a horrible thought. I just don't understand why?

"Clara if you can hear me I'm sorry-" I take in a deep breath through my nose, "-I don't know what I did yet but i do know that this is probably all my fault. I'll fix this okay you can count on it. I'll save you....even if I have to die along the way" I whisper and turn my head straight ahead to see Liam staring at me.

I slowly close my eyes and fall asleep.

I fall asleep with one thought and one thought only. Ethan.

I'm going to try and reach out to him when I wake up. I have to at least try.

————————————————————————