Chapter 27: Darkness

Hey cherries🍒 I couldn't wait to post another one so here it is!

"NO LOLA! STAY WITH ME!" Aubrey shouts when I flutter my eyes closed.

"Lola open your god damn eyes right now!" She demands and I force my eyes open.

She places her hands on the bite mark and presses down on it as hard as possible.

"Please! Don't leave me!" She sobs and I reach up to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear.

"It's okay....I-" I cough more blood out of my mouth "-I love you" I whisper and she puts her head on my chest and cries.

"No lola please I can't bare you dying in my arms....please hold on a little longer!" She pleads and I roll onto my side to cough up more blood. Aubrey presses down on my wound even more.

"Use your ability! NOW! USE IT!" She shouts and I shake my head weakly.

"Last time I-"

"The last time you almost died but maybe if you do it on yourself it won't be-" she groans in pain as she changes position onto her knees "-as bad" she finishes and I place my hand on top of hers.

"Aubrey your in pain.....I need....to heal....you" I whisper taking short breaths in between.

She shakes her head "Stop Lola heal yourself you idiot!" she sobs and I wince. I can't heal anyone. I need energy to do that and right now I don't have any.

"I'm going to.....get help" I say and stand up on shaky legs.

"What no-" she tries to move but falls back down in pain. I rip a part of my flannel and place it on my throat putting more pressure on it.

"I can walk-" I take a deep breath "-you can't." and with that I leave Aubrey in the forest and head back to the college.

I start to cry when I see the college in the distance. I can feel the blood seeping through the thin piece of material on my throat.

"Please please please please...." I mumble hoarsely as I make my way up the steps. My legs begin to shake uncontrollably and I fall face forward. I grab onto the door handle and groan as I get up onto my feet.

Once I've opened the doors, tears pool in my eyes and my vision becomes blurry. I can't see anything clearly so I do the first thing that comes to mind.

"ETHAN! ETHAN! ETH-" I fall onto my knees and throw up some more blood.

"Ethan!" I croak out.

"LOLA? LOLA WHERE ARE YOU?!" I hear my true loves voice and I wipe my eyes to see better.

"I'm over here..." I whisper holding onto my throat for dear life.

"OH MY GOD LOLA!" Ethan appears in front of me on his knees sweating like crazy and I cry happy tears.

I reach up with a shaky hand that's covered in blood and place it against his cheek.

This would be the moment where he would rush me to the emergency room but he knows it's no use. There's nothing left to do. I'm dying and nobody can do anything about it, so there's no point having the doctors waste their time because I will end up dying in the end anyway.

"You're......here" my voice cracks.

Ethan looks horrified at the sight of me and I see his eyes go down to where my other hand is. He takes a deep breath and holds it in as he moves my hand out of the way. He peels the flannel off of my throat and gasps in horror at my bite mark.

I wouldn't blame him for looking so terrified. The wolf took out a big chunk of my skin; intending to rip my head off of my body I presume. If I thought Aubrey's bite was bad this.....is so much worse.

"Oh my god..." Ethan starts to sob and places the material back over the bite and pulls me onto his lap.

I feel myself sigh a ragged breath of relief and now I can finally die. As long as I'm with Ethan, I can die happy. I slowly close my eyes ready for the darkness to take over.

"No no no no Lola....p-please don't leave me! You can't leave m-me! Come on stay w-with me. Your okay.....it's okay just o-open your eyes baby. You're okay Lola now open your eyes for me. COME ON LOLA PLEASE OPEN YOUR EYES! DON'T DIE! OH MY GOD NO LOLA PLEASE I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT YOU! GUARDS!"

"Yes Alpha Jenson" a male says; his voice slightly shaky.

"Hand me a knife so I can stab myself. I cannot live without her" I feel a hand stroke my cheek.

"If you're going I'm going with you my love" he whispers and kisses me on the forehead.

I want to protest but the darkness is pulling me in. I can't open my eyes or speak anymore.

"ETHAN!" I hear Liam shout from a distance.

I feel Ethan shake and I know he's shaking his head "No this can't be. I can't lose her"

"I'm sorry Ethan"

"No it can't be. She can't die"

"Eth-"

"Liam I want you to put this knife through my chest when the time comes. I refuse to live a life without her. I will follow her wherever she goes. I love her now and I will love her in the next life"

"You can save her....don't do this" he pleads; his voice sounding strained.

"HOW?!" Ethan shouts shaking the entire building as his anger rises. Oh no I've made Ethan reach his breaking point.

I groan as I fight the darkness. My back arches as I try and get myself out of this situation. Ethan's hold on me tightens, while my whole body shakes.

"WHATS HAPPENING?!" Ethan cries out and I feel his tears soak my shirt while he hugs me and rocks me back and forth.

"LIAM I HAVE TO BE ABLE TO DO SOMETHING! TELL ME GOD DAMN IT! WHAT CAN I DO TO SAVE HER?!" Ethan shouts sounding frustrated.

"She is the only human I love! She is my favourite thing in the world I CAN'T LOSE HER!" I feel Ethan shake with his crying as he holds me to his chest desperately.

I want to do something.....anything but it's too late. I didn't even get to tell him I love him for the last time but there's no point dwelling on it now.

I suddenly stop shaking and I can't hear anything as the darkness overcomes me. I can't feel Ethan holding me tight.

I can't feel anything....I wonder if they can save me. I thought I was ready to die but I'm not.

I want children with Ethan. I want a life surrounded by people I love. But it's too late.

I'm dead.