Chapter 40: Oblivion

^^^Recommend listening to the song while reading! It fits the chapter perfectly☺️^^^

Song: Ruin by St. Lundi

Hey cherries🍒 This chapter takes off right after Ethan arrives at the warehouse! Thank you all so much for reading my book it means a lot:) Thank you for 900 reads! This is back to Lola's POV!! Okay enough talking imma let you get to reading! ENJOYYY;)

I can't believe it! He's here! Ethan is actually here.

I immediately start sobbing at the sight of him.

Everyone has a shocked expression on their faces but once they notice there is nobody else with him they all smile.

"Awww you've come to save your mate" Matt mocks and smiles bitterly at him.

Ethan's eyes drift to my body and his jaw clenches and unclenches. He's mad-actually no he's furious! I notice his chest going up and down in rapped breaths.

"Let her go or else" Ethan threatens through clenched teeth and I gulp, moving my eyes between Christopher and Ethan.

"Or else what? Huh? You'll kill me?!" Christopher laughs darkly and turns to Richard who is staring at Ethan with a smug smile on his face.

"Oh ya want to fucking bet?!" Ethan growls and takes a step forward. I can't let him do this...it's 4 against 1. Ethan is very strong and powerful but he's outnumbered.

"Ethan...." I whisper and his eyes immediately turn to me. They go from black to brown which shows me he's calming down. Phew okay good.

"Look, we weren't supposed to attack you today but I guess plans change" Christopher shrugs, Matt looks delighted and Richard moves his chair back to...watch? Liam on the other hand looks absolutely terrified.

It all happens so quickly. One second they are standing and the next they are werewolves. There are growls coming from left right and centre. Richard stays in the far end just sitting down and watching.

I squirm in my chair trying to get free and whimper when the spikes continue to scrap against my flesh. Ethan's black eyes shoot to me when he hears my whimper but I just nod letting him know I'm okay.

I'm not okay but he doesn't need to know that.

I can't just sit here and watch my mate get attacked! Just as that thought comes across my mind Ethan howls. My eyes nearly fall out of my head when I see 10 more wolfs coming through the warehouse doors. Holy shit!

Of course he was prepared, he's the best Alpha out there for crying out loud! A small smile is placed on my lips when I see Matt back up slightly. Christopher doesn't move an inch. Why isn't this bothering him?

All at once they jump at each other. I wince and look away.

"Lola..."Clara says quietly from my right.

"Yeah?"

"Remember the night you got attacked..?"

"Yeah of course why?"

"That was me whispering for you to help me!" She says and I immediately remember the words she said that night.

"Lola....he's going to kill you.....and then he's going to kill me too."

I gasp, "Who were you talking about Clara?" I ask, whispering so nobody else's ears but ours hear.

I take a quick glance at the battle and tears come to my eyes when I see most of our pack are on the ground....dead. Ethan is still fine so that's what matters the most.