Chapter 18: Safety

Hey cherries🍒 Thank you so much for reading my book it really means a lot!! They're all on a mission to get more information from Daniel so let's see what happens;) Enjoy your read:)

I wake up a couple of hours later tangled up in sheets with Ethan. He loves me!!!! I don't think I've ever been this happy. I hear my phone vibrating on the table to my right. I untangle my legs that are wrapped around Ethan and sit up to reach for the phone. I see my moms name pop up on the screen-or should I say Jenn because she's not even my mom.

I grab the phone and get up ignoring the pain between my legs and head to the closet to put on my silk knee length pastel pink robe. I walk into the en-suite and answer the phone. "Hey sweetie! You would never believe what I just found out! I'm able to come visit you this weekend! Isn't that great?! Honey.......you there?" She asks and I grab onto the edge of the counter for support.

"Is it true?" I grit out between clenched teeth. "Is what true Lola?" Jenn asks getting confused. "That you're not my mom. IS IT TRUE?" I scream as tears come down my face but I quickly wipe them away.

Ethan comes into the bathroom wearing nothing, looking confused. He makes his way towards me but stops when he sees my furious face. "Lola w-what are talking about?" she says in a shaky voice. "You know exactly what I'm fucking talking about Jenn-" I spit out her name in such disgust "-now tell the truth!" I shout still holding onto the counter with such a tight grip I'm surprised it doesn't cut through my skin.

Jenn gasps "Who told you?" I laugh bitterly and shake my head. "Oh my god....." I whisper. "So it's true?!" I ask with wide eyes. Jenn sniffs "Yes it's true I'm so sorry" she says quietly and I ball my hands in fists. "Candice told me along with Richard . You know them right?!-" I ask rehotorically "- they're my parents! And not only that but they're the fucking presidents of this stupid college I'm in. Oh did you know it's filled with werewolves-" Jenn gasps and I hear her silent crying "-Oh you didn't?! Crazy right? I also have fucking fire powers and I'm a healer! Can you believe that JENN!" I shout as tears fight to come down my face.

"Lola I don't know what to say" Jenn says and continues to cry "It's fine I'm not going to listen anyway. Tell Mike I said hi" I say with a fake friendly voice. I throw my phone into the sink and fall onto floor in a ball and bawl my eyes out.

Ethan wraps his arms around me and I let him. He carries me over to the bed, takes off my robe and tucks me in. I continue to cry but stop when Ethan comes into bed and hugs me from behind. I turn around in his arms and grab his face with both of my hands. "Please don't leave me" I sob and Ethan shakes his head massaging my nape. "I will never leave you. EVER. I promise baby, I'm not going anywhere" he whispers soothingly his eyes never leaving mine. I nod and put my head on his chest and fall asleep.

I wake up and notice we missed the bell for lunch. I groan and sit up looking around for Ethan. When I don't see him I panic "ETHAN!" I shout and jump out of bed. "I'm in here!" Ethan shouts from the closet and I sigh in relief. I walk into the closet watching Ethan put on his usual black t-shirt and black jeans and converse. Ethan looks up with heat in his eyes when he sees I'm fully naked. I cross my arms in front of my chest and lean against the doorframe.

"What?" I say innocently and Ethan walks over to me slowly. "Holy. Shit." he says looking at me like I'm his favourite thing in the world and I giggle feeling shy. "Baby, stop right there-" I say firmly and put my hand out in front me for defence "-we can't afford to waste time here. We're on a mission remember?" I ask with a cheeky smile on my face. Ethan groans in frustration "You're killing me right now Lola. You're lucky I love you so damn much" he says making my heart skip a beat and gives me a kiss on the forehead before leaving the closet giving me privacy to change.

Since we are going to be most likely killing someone tonight I wear ripped black jeans, laced boots, a tight fitted cropped red tank top. I look in the mirror and shake my head-my outfit does not scream killer but it's good enough.

I walk out of the closet and see Ethan sitting on the edge of the bed looking down at his phone. "You ready to go?" I ask and pull out my own phone to call Liam. After throwing it in the sink it didn't crack so that's good. I look up at Ethan since he didn't respond and see that he is still looking at his phone with a distressed face.

"What's wrong?" I ask walking over to him. "Sorry-" he clears his throat "-The pack that's after us, and this whole Daniel thing. It's just a lot. I'm trying to contact my Dad but I think he's out of town so I don't know-" I cut him off "Hey, look at me" I say placing my index finger under his chin and lightly to tilt his head up so he looks into my eyes. "One thing at a time okay. We will figure the rest out tomorrow....just.....stay calm okay?" I say and Ethan nods slowly and I give him a quick peck on his lips.

After I've rang Liam we make our way to my dorm room where we are meeting. I needed to grab some spare clothes just in case things get messy. When we make it in my dorm room I look around confused as to why it's empty. "Aubrey!! You in here?" I say in a raised voice and turn to Ethan furrowing my brows.

Ethan shrugs and goes over to my closet to grab some clothes. "I think I'm just going to ring her" I say and Ethan nods "Ya but she might be with Clara so don't freak out when you talk to her" he says with a laugh and I roll my eyes at him with a small smile on my lips. Ugh boys!

I dial Aubrey's number and put the phone up to my ear. Suddenly the door bursts open and it's Aubrey. "Oh thank god you're okay! I was so-" I squint my eyes when I see her heads down and finally see that she is bawling her eyes out. "Oh no Aubrey what happened?" I ask softly making my way over to her.

Aubrey slams the door closed and falls to the ground hugging her knees sobbing. "Aubrey tell me" I urge bending down to her level because she's starting to worry me now. She looks up at me and I wince at the state of her makeup. "It's Caleb! H-he j-just-" "Shhhhh it's okay Aubrey. Breathe" I whisper trying to comfort her. Aubrey starts to shake. "He.....he bit me!" she sobs. What now?!

Hey cherries🍒 I hope you enjoyed that chapter! Are you surprised? Vote, comment and promote!! Love ye all:) See you very soon with a new chapter;)
Amy