Chapter 36: Sympathetic

Hey cherries🍒 I really like the way the book is turning out:) I hope you are enjoying it so far! I feel like Lola and Ethan are my babies and I never want to let them go! Anyway have fun reading;) ENJOYYY!

3 days pass. Eating isn't an option anymore. I can't even put a crumb in my mouth without throwing up. I'm constantly sweating or crying...sometimes both at the same time.

This is worse than I expected. The thought of him out there all by himself....I'm not going to think about it again. Last time I thought about that, I screamed in agony all day.

Poor Sandy has to basically babysit me. She doesn't speak to me; because she can't get a word in with me crying all the time. I'm miserable.

I want my Ethan back, but I don't know where he is. I've tried calling him but he isn't answering. In fact, nobody is answering me. I did ring Candice a while ago but she was so busy she couldn't talk to me for more than a minute.

She did manage to tell me that everyone hates me and it's best to stay away from the college for my own safety. The battle is getting closer between the two packs and the college is a mess.

How can they really prepare for a battle without their alpha? It's all my fault. I shouldn't have even signed up for the college in the first place.

"Lola?" Sandy whispers from the door to my bedroom.

"Mhmmm" I mumble back not taking my eyes away from the window.

These past 3 days have been torture. I'm so grateful for Sandy. I haven't rlly moved from my spot from this window unless I'm taking a shower. I don't know why but I have the feeling Ethan will find me.

Everyday I make sure to look outside the window just in case I miss him running by the house. In the back of my mind I know there is a massive chance that won't happen but at least I'm doing something.

"Do you want to go outside for some fresh air maybe?" Sandy asks carefully.

Sandy knows how sensitive I am these days so she's been walking on egg shells around me; like I'm going to explode any moment. I probably will.

"How was your date?" I whisper changing the subject and take a quick glance at her. She gives me a sympathetic smile and I quickly look away. I hate that. Sympathy. I don't want it. I don't deserve it.

"It was really good. Kyle is a true gentlemen. He can be very cheeky as well. I can't wait for a second date." Sandy says quietly but I can hear the excitement in her voice.

I put a thin smile on my face that doesn't reach my eyes.

After another minute of silence Sandy clears her throat.

"Lola I'm worried about you..." she trails off in a pained voice.

I swallow the lump in my throat, "Yeah-" I cough "-I was thinking....."I turn my head giving her an emotionless expression "-I should probably go...like tomorrow. I need to get out of your hair. I can't take it...being trapped in here. I need to find him." I whimper as I try and hold in the tears that are threatening to fall from my eyes.

Sandy nods several times and wipes away the tears from her eyes, "O-okay..ummmm....are you sure you want to leave? I mean...I don't-" she clears her throat "-I don't mind y-you staying here....with me." She stammers and I breath deeply in through my nose.

"Yes I am sure" I say and turn my head back to the window so I won't change my mind. All I'm doing is bringing her trouble. I have to leave, I don't know where I'm going to go but I can't just stay here and do nothing.

A Silver Lining On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara