Chapter 38: Warehouse Wonders

Hey cherries🍒 Sorry for the wait! This is a VERY long chapter full of twists and turns so BUCKLE UP, it's a rollercoaster that's for sure! I was going to split this into two parts but I personally love reading a nice and long chapter so this is for you;) ENJOYYY:)

I'm almost there.

I can do this.

So close yet so far.

Just a couple more hundred metres and I'm there.

I know everyone hates me at the college right now but it's safest place for me at the moment.

I just took off without evening sparing another glance at that kind women.

I don't care that I'm wearing barely any clothes, I want to be safe. For once in my god damn life I want to be completely, utterly and fully safe!

Tears pour down my cheeks when Ethan pops in my mind. I miss him so fucking much. I'm in so much pain that I honestly have no clue how I'm even fast walking right now. It feels like there is a hole in my chest. The only way to fill it up, is if he's by my side.

I wipe the tears away, pushing away those thoughts and look up at the blazing sun. It's around 90 degrees Fahrenheit today. In other words, I'm sweating my tits off! I want to run to the college but I don't have the energy. I also don't want to attract that much attention since I'm already in danger.

Every time a vehicle zooms past me on the road my shoulders tense up. I want to say that I'm safe...but I know I'm not.

I squint my eyes and stare ahead, seeing a sign for the college. It's the first exit on the right. Exactly where the women said it would be.

My face slowly turns up into a massive grin when hope washes over me. It's in my blood, in my veins and my adrenaline is so high I feel a weight lifted off my shoulders. I'm one step closer to safety. On step closer to being with my true mate.

I quicken my fast-walk into a full on run as I make my way to the turn up ahead. I laugh to myself as I run like a lunatic. For the first time in ages happiness consumes me. I actually cannot believe-

*honk honk*

I freeze.

"Well well well, if it isn't little miss run away princess. You really didn't think you would get away from us that easily did you?!" The familiar strangers angry voice laughs darkly.

Before I know it, there is a bag over my head and I'm in complete darkness.

Shit.

————————————————————————

I wake up with a major headache.

When I open my eyes, I see that I'm in the middle of the warehouse they took me to. I hear the breeze, and the brush of leaves hitting each other outside.

I look down to see that the floor is wooden boards with a bunch of cracks.

I lift my head to look around, it's really dark so I can't really see much. I try and move my arms and that's when I notice they have me tied up in zip ties around my wrists and ankles. I'm also sitting in an old wooden chair.

I hear distant voices, increasing with volume as they appear closer.

"Ahhh, look the princess is up!" says the stranger that kidnapped me earlier. Or was it yesterday? I don't know what day it is at this point.

I glare at him and struggle to get out of the chair, but it's no use.

"Oh no need to worry little one we've brought you a friend-" he turns his head to look at someone and that's when I notice Liam at the end of the building, his arms folded, and he has an emotionless expression on his face "-haven't we Liam?" Liam nods once and turns around.