Chapter 23 - Worse than a celebrity crush

Começar do início

I glanced at Julian who was watching Rafael with amusement, entertained by Rafael's protectiveness over me. He must be spending too much time with Black Bear.

Rafael managed to take down the tough ex warrior after a few days at the fight club. Their shared interest over drinks added to the Valentine prince's charm workable on the entire universe. Now, Black Bear actually looks more excited when he sees Rafael over seeing me.

"Saying good luck would have been sufficient, Raf. By the way, could you accompany me to go get some toiletries before heading to Black Bear's potluck dinner?" I probed, hoping he could be my driver on this blue day.

After their little fight at Rebirth, Black Bear did not want me living at Angelo's. He forced me to stay at the basement of his fight club, spinning tales about feeling more at ease when I was in his territory, under his care.

Angelo had Julian deliver my bag of items the very next day, including the cheque and the gadgets.

"Uh actually I got pl-woah she's hot!" Julian exclaimed, staring at his phone.

"Show me."

"Matchstick, have some self-respect."

The Valentine prince and I said at the same time.

Glimpsing at the photo, my heart skipped a beat. Not because of how hot the girl was but because of who she was with. Angelo Mietitore.

They were spotted by one of the Mietitore men. I told you, the Mafia men gossips more than high school girls. They were at Underrated, queuing. The photo clearly shown Angelo's face but only captured the back view of his date. The date he was looking at with a new boyish grin.

"Julian, I can't see her face. How do you know she's hot?"

"Sir Rafael, her back view is pretty hot."

"Pfffft."

I reflected on my own experience with Angelo at the Underrated and my mouth curved upwards at the stark difference. I know it was completely two different things but I couldn't help but make a comparison.

He tries to poison me to death while he queues with her, showing the world his beautiful date.

The bitterness I felt had gone unnoticed by the two boys arguing about how could a girl be determined as "hot" from just a back view. I rolled my eyes at their conversation. Sipping on my coffee, I remained seated with them, relishing the end of my shift.

Apparently, Angelo met her on the day we fought at his condo. The Mietitore men on duty at the Red Devil shared with Julian that their Sir had left with the girl after a heated making out session. Even a rock can imagine what had happened next.

So that was why he did not come back for the entire night nor did he respond to your texts. Sorry Elizabeth, Sir was too busy eating people's faces to care about your worthless apology.

"I've never seen him like that, though. Sir looks the most energetic and alive these days since Luciana left." Julian commented thoughtfully, thinking through the years he has been by Angelo's side.

Uh-oh, I can hear thousands of girls' hearts breaking. The Angelo Mietitore they sought after is getting whipped for another girl.

Ignoring this piece of new information, I got up as my desire to punch a particular red head skyrocketed. I let out a loud breath shakily and slowly said, "Wait for me in the parking lot, Raf."

"Wait, Piccolo! I can't, I'm meeting the red lady." Rafael sheepishly rejected me, a blush darkening his cheeks. Not taken aback by his date with the red lady, I acknowledged him with a nod and walked to the staff room.