#9

"His name is Simon James, sole owner of the Pandora jewel enterprise, and partners with the Jay beauty fashion house. Wait, what? That's my mom's company!"

Damn. This just made things more interesting.

"He came to Texas on a business trip, has a wife, three kids, blah blah blah... He arrived at NY on the 11th of this month." That was the day after my kidnapping.

"There's a fashion and jewelry exhibit at his company on the 15th of this month, which by my calendar is tomorrow."

Woah! Tomorrow?

After reading his data out loud, I faced the psychos and spoke, "So... let's get it straight. In this mission, I am the boss. We do what I say, how I say it. Are we clear?"

"Yes, boss!" Jody saluted, laughing. I turned to Meg and Wulf and raised a brow. Meg just nodded, while Wulf scowled at me. Well, I believe that's all I was going to get.

Smiling excitedly, I stood up. I felt like a secret agent.

I went back to my room and had a shower. I changed into my ripped jeans and top, with my best sneaker. Ready for the first step of the plan.

The psychos were in my living room, watching a random channel that was on.

"Hey, I am heading out. I'll be back in a few, so just stay here, and don't break anything," I said, heading out the door.

I entered my car and zoomed off.

I had a list of things I had to get. First of all, I needed a new iPhone, so I drove to the store to get one.

As for part two of my first step, I headed to another store in the mall, I met the man behind the counter, "Hi, umm, I need a walkie talkie and a covert acoustic earpiece." I said it with fake confidence since I didn't want to be questioned. Thankfully he didn't ask.

After getting four pairs of each- for all the psychos and myself- I headed back home for my second step.

This was the hardest step of all.

I sat staring at my phone, wishing for another way, but there was none. I had to do it.

The phone rang for a few minutes before someone picked up.

"Hello? This is Jessica Jay's phone, her assistant speaking. How may I help you?"

"Yeah, umm its JJ, I mean Jade Jay. I want to speak to my mother."

"Oh, sorry Jade, she is busy right now. You can call back later."

Clearing my throat I spoke again, "I think you didn't get me well the first time, miss...?"

"Mary."

"Yes, Miss Mary, I need you to give the phone to my mother right now," I spoke with authority, that was the only way I would be heard. "And by now, I mean immediately."

There was an awkward silence for a while.

"Ok, hold on. I'll see what I can do."

After a short stretch, I heard another voice.

"Hello?" My mom's voice rang out loud.

"Hi, mom."

"Jade? Oh, Jade how are you doing? I hope there is no problem with you. You didn't get into any trouble, did you?"

"No trouble mom, no trouble."

"Ok, why did you call? Do you need money because I just sent your allowance a week ago?"

"No, I still have it. I don't need money."

"You don't?"

"I don't. I heard about your company's fashion exhibit tomorrow and I felt I should support you. You know, I want to attend it, just to support you. Nothing else."

"Really? Jade, you said you hate this type of event." As shocked as I was that she remembered that, I had to convince her that she was wrong.

" Come on mom, I just want to support your company! I could even wear one of your designs, you know?"

I regretted it as soon as I said it. Don't get me wrong, her dresses were not bad at all, but they were too much. I loved simple and classy outfits.

"Wow, that would be nice Jade! But you know, to attend it you have to be here, in New York."

"Yeah, that's another problem, I-"

"Don't worry about it, I will send someone to pick you up. Be ready in an hour."

"Yeah, thanks, mom! But one more thing. I will be bringing my security."

"Wha... You know what, never mind. I don't think I want to know what you kids do nowadays. Anyways, you and your 'security' should be ready in an hour "

"Yes m-"

Beep, beep, beep.

She ended the call.

That went smoother than I expected. Smiling, I turned to the psychos, "And phase two was a success."

"So, you all heard her. We'll be leaving in an hour. We need to start packing. Wherever your things are, go get them," I said, also gathering my things.

"Oh don't worry about us, we are all set," Jody said.

"You didn't come with anything else?"

"Of course not, silly," she replied. "Our things are all here," she brought out a small box from her pocket. It looked like a Rubik's cube. Then she dropped it on the floor and pressed a small button on the top.

The small box started increasing and getting bigger until it became the size of a suitcase.

"What? Wow, that looks impossible. How did you do that?"

"That's not my doing. You'll have to ask the inventors of our world."

As she pushed the button once again, it went back to its former size.

"Why do you need so many clothes, are we not going for just a day or two?" The angry psycho asked.

"Yeah, but it's New York we are going to! I might just find a very cute boy that likes me, and we could hit it off and I could decide to just stay the weekend, exploring NY. Anything can happen! I don't want to be caught off guard," I said, throwing in a pack of tampons and my favorite socks.

When done with packing, I started dragging my bag down the stairs. It was very full and heavy, so I kept glancing at Wulf since she was super strong to help me, but she didn't even bat an eye at me. So rude!

It wasn't long before the doorbell rang and we were all seated in the car, on our way to my mom's private jet.

____________________________

We are getting there, the story is just beginning, sit back and relax.

Your one and only psycho

Signing out

Marvel